Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem if you want to keep your Anemone and if you decide that you don’t want to, or aren’t able to follow certain advice....... but just be upfront about it, and people can help you find a way to keep your tank alive.

Again, really doesn’t matter to me, if you were local I’d give you a couple nems and you could try them in your tank, boil and eat them, whatever..... doesn’t bother me...... but if you don’t want to follow the advice, you have to give people something to work with so they can help you......

I don’t test my water, AT ALL........ I probably haven’t done a water-change in 3 months...... I’m probably due....... But I’m also not going to ask for help when one of my corals isn’t opening well, or something dies.......

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a tank should be at least 8-12 months old before an anemone. At the very least 6.

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to be helpful when i posted a minute ago, but now after reading this thread and then noticing not only was he trying to buy an $800 sunburst, he is also in other nem selling threads trying to buy other ones and recently like a few hours ago. Shameful.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a tank should be at least 8-12 months old before an anemone. At the very least 6.

I setup a tank with old-established rock, no sand, didn’t test for cycle etc...... and added an Anenome after 3-4 weeks........ That was 2 years ago maybe? It’s still doing well......

I think stability > arbitrary “rules”

Edit: I guess “it” is now “them” though. Whether it split from being happy or irritated is anyone’s guess....... but again, I have never feed them, nor have I tested my water since the tank went up.

0D0B3ED2-99B1-468F-8AB5-BBEF22CAFF84.jpeg
E48F1A8A-58E6-46A7-815E-ACFCC5168EA8.jpeg
D81F707B-B6A7-4F04-B433-C738C5D4B58E.jpeg

Last edited:

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learn from your mistakes, take others advice and wait. Nems take a very established tank to do good(8months to a year minimum). Not only will they die but they will nuke your entire tank killing everything else. Thats all I am also unwatching this thread and moving on.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup a tank with old-established rock, no sand, didn’t test for cycle etc...... and added an Anenome after 3-4 weeks........ That was 2 years ago maybe? It’s still doing well......

I think stability > arbitrary “rules”
Yes, but:

1) Your rock was old and established, and thus contributes greatly to stability.

2) I would say it takes at least 6 months on average for a tank to become stable. Maybe some very experienced reefers could keep it stable in less but certainly not newbies (myself included).

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to be helpful when i posted a minute ago, but now after reading this thread and then noticing not only was he trying to buy an $800 sunburst, he is also in other nem selling threads trying to buy other ones and recently like a few hours ago. Shameful
I wasn't going to buy all of them I was just looking to see how has the best price who will ship to California and who has the healthiest anemone. I am only looking to buy one anemone.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will reiterate that you should not buy an anemone, even for your friend, right now. Just be patient! It's so important to learn that in this hobby. Wait a while and you will have a healthy and thriving tank which an anemone will enjoy, instead of having to fight for survival while shriveled up and doing poorly.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again though listen to people and stop looking for anemones for a while for any tank. dont ask multiple people to hold anemones if you arent going to buy them

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok OK I promise I will not get her the anemone till her tank is at least 6 months I am sure she will understand. I am very upset right now not only were you unkind to me you hurt my feelings you called me names and blamed me! That is not nice :( I make mistakes to. Don't you?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think anyone has called you names at all but this is a pretty zero tolerance forum bullying wise

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think everything has been answered here. Closing this one. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back