Anemone not eating not sticky!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpetlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what about for the anemone right now? when I am trying to acclimate it to the light should I do a natural white light or a blue light?

you acclimate by ramping up from 10% initially to like 90% strength over a few weeks. Then your anemone won’t be bleaching from light stress. Colour wise just use a mix

reefcreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what about for the anemone right now? when I am trying to acclimate it to the light should I do a natural white light or a blue light?
But what about for the anemone right now? when I am trying to acclimate it to the light should I do a natural white light or a blue l

I hope this is a better video.
He looks nice and bubbly......I like blue light

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got it. Would it be better if I had the light on only every other day? Would that help the anemone acclimate better?
No use a normal daily light cycle that starts out low and over many days or even 2 weeks gets brighter

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you acclimate by ramping up from 10% initially to like 90% strength over a few weeks. Then your anemone won’t be bleaching from light stress. Colour wise just use a mix
This is how you acclimate you 'nem. Don't turn the lights off every other day. Turn them on like normal, slowly ramp up the intensity over a couple of days.

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kessil controller has an acclimation setting if you upgrade to that!

animatedcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that could apply to most issues - time. Just be patient - moving to a new environment- especially 4 months young - it’s probably just a little pee’d off. I personally would give him a low/moderate flow spot just to get his foot attached. Do you have any photos of your display? How much flow is in your tank? Eating wise - like others have said, it’s normal for a new inhabitant not to eat right away. Just don’t stress him out. Good luck!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you figured out how to adjust the intensity on the lights yet? There shouldnt be just three lights settings

NatureHold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
based off of your picture, it looks to be early signs of bleaching. Also seeing as that it is hugging one of the lowest parts of the rock, I would say that you have too much light. Did your light not come with instructions on setup? If not, you need to read the instructions for your light from Kessil's website, and program it to near the lowest power that it can go and then work your way up from there over the course of a couple weeks.

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
based off of your picture, it looks to be early signs of bleaching. Also seeing as that it is hugging one of the lowest parts of the rock, I would say that you have too much light. Did your light not come with instructions on setup? If not, you need to read the instructions for your light from Kessil's website, and program it to near the lowest power that it can go and then work your way up from there over the course of a couple weeks.
Also look into getting the controller. I know it’s not needed but is worth it in my opinion. Because you are new to the light it takes some of the guess work out. I know it’s not cheap but nothing in this hobby is except your tears.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope just gonna take a couple of weeks to just recover from its damage just keep parameters good and keep up with water changes. Nothing will happen overnight with fish tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back