Status
Not open for further replies.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it was not cycled previously. she did a tank transfer and added some bottled bacteria as well.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you're looking for another anemone on the forums - I would stop this immediately. You need to focus on stabilization and keeping your current one alive before getting another.

NatureHold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your parameters are still going to be unstable, especially with a transfer to a new tank. When you test you are merely seeing a brief snapshot of conditions at any given time. They fluctuate, especially in new tanks. Anemones thrive in stable conditions and it's extremely difficult for new tanks to achieve that. I would also return the anemone and wait about 8-12 months before getting another

Multiple people including myself have told OP to return. They are not going to, and for some reason have something to prove to R2R at the expense of a poor Anemone's life.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow didn't realize they are actually trying to get another nem.. please like others said return it and DO NOT get another, when you can't care for the one. You seem to think your right and everyone else is wrong. But you continue to ask questions but not listen to the answers. Don't get another nem, they are living and you don't have the right to make them struggle/ suffer. All at the expense of trying to prove you can't keep it alive.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another post of op they are having problems with the clownfish now not eating, scratching ect. I feel bad for the tank inhabitants

NatureHold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another post of op they are having problems with the clownfish now not eating, scratching ect. I feel bad for the tank inhabitants
But OP's original statement is "Clownfish are thriving" lol. They came here for help, from lack of research and didn't like the answers they got.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But OP's original statement is "Clownfish are thriving" lol. They came here for help, from lack of research and didn't like the answers they got.
I just don't get it, they are slowly killing them and making them suffer. I don't see them learning from this

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learning the hard way, isn't the right way when your talking about living things suffering..
Of course it isn’t the right way , but the person seems adamant on not giving back the nem not much we can do that we haven’t already

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not the time to get another anemone. Also not a good idea to mix bubble tip anemones. They don't do well mixed together.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goreefin i think btas do fine together most of the time ime. BTW love your leather corals i have been looking for weeping willows that beautiful for so long. LMK in a couple months when those are ready to frag i would love to buy or trade with some of my corals

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goreefin i think btas do fine together most of the time ime. BTW love your leather corals i have been looking for weeping willows that beautiful for so long. LMK in a couple months when those are ready to frag i would love to buy or trade with some of my corals
They are some of my favorite corals too! I'll keep you posted when I go to frag them. I've just had bad luck with my btas. I have 3 rainbow which are doing great. 2 reds which have shriveled up a lot since introducing the rainbows. The new green one is also not doing well and keeps moving around. It is frustrating. My RFA is doing great and my H. Aurora is also doing great. Makes no sense to me other than bta warfare going on.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm maybe increase activated carbon to help combat it goreefin. Thats a lot of anemones

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets not be to hard on the OP. It sounds like they have gotten so bad advice along the way. We all know two clowns in a new 5 gallon is asking for trouble. Many LFS will tell customers they will do great. Sadly I suspect most of us in this hobby have killed something along the way. I know I killed a 3.5 corals while sick with covid and side effects for almost 45 days. I was unable to even look at my tanks for just short of a month. I still have only been able to do very minimal maintenance on them. Just cleaning my skimmer and changing my filter socks totally exhausted me.
Let's all hope the OP slowes down and learns what it takes to keep a reef tank before killing anything else.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone is not for me! For the last time! It is for a friend of mine! Its a birthday gift she recently got a 40 gallon rimless tank and this is a present for her! I have said it like 5 times! I don't want another anemone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back