Anemone not eating not sticky!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpetlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will get some color back just give it time and be patient. It is going to do things that you aren't going to like because to be honest Nem is going to do what Nem wants to do. Move, close, kill your coral if you have any and its in the way cause thats just what they do lol. :) At least you don't have a 3 headed hellfire torch in your tank with it like I do when it decides to take a stroll.
You can get those ceramic cups to put your anemone. They work great and you don’t need to lose a couple hundred bucks of torch

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can get those ceramic cups to put your anemone. They work great and you don’t need to lose a couple hundred bucks of torch

Where is the fun in that? :D His foot is dug in about 3-4 inches into a rock and honestly he hasn't moved in about 3 months so I'm just leaving him be. Don't fix what isn't broken lol.

carpetlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the fun in that? :D His foot is dug in about 3-4 inches into a rock and honestly he hasn't moved in about 3 months so I'm just leaving him be. Don't fix what isn't broken lol.
Well if he goes on another rampage, I’d bet on anemone1 - corals0

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So guys for some reason the anemones color seems to be fading why is that? I have to proper lighting and water conditions what is it? Is it because I am not feeding it enough? I haven't fed it at all. Am I supposed to?

NatureHold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is turning white, then you have too much direct and intense light. If it is turning brown, then it is not receiving enough light. I don't think anyone mentioned it here, but when introducing a new and more powerful light you HAVE to do an acclimation period. If you just plugged the light in and cranked it up, I'm fairly certain that your Nem is bleaching without seeing pictures.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to post a picture he is currently behind a rock so I don't know how good the photo will be. The kessil light I have only has 3 light settings that I know of. The first one is I bright white light the second one is a more natural white light and the third is a blue light. which one is the best for the anemone right now?

reefcreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And am I supposed to feed it right know?
I feed mine like every other day or every couple days just depends i guesss.......but I feed mine cut up clams after i thaw in my tank water or w/e....and I feed cut up small pieces of frozen thawed krill.....they just grab with there hands.

reefcreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to post a picture he is currently behind a rock so I don't know how good the photo will be. The kessil light I have only has 3 light settings that I know of. The first one is I bright white light the second one is a more natural white light and the third is a blue light. which one is the best for the anemone right now?
depends on depth of tank as well for light.....but tbh your nem like mine will find a spot and once it does leave it be.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys this is the best picture and video I could get of the anemone. Sorry about the clownfish crowding it!

Attachments

• WIN_20210215_08_35_25_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210215_08_35_25_Pro.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 65
  • WIN_20210215_08_35_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210215_08_35_26_Pro.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 56
  • WIN_20210215_08_35_29_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210215_08_35_29_Pro.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 60
  • WIN_20210215_08_35_37_Pro.mp4
    31.4 MB

reefcreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I put the natural white light or maybe the blue light for the anemone right now?
Your kessil should have settings right? I use a mixture of settings like the intensity colors etc. I favor the blue hint violet among white etc.

Attachments

• fish nem.jpg
    fish nem.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back