Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA's wander too much for me to do a mixed reef w/ them, I'd rather have anemone's that are more manageable, like sand dwellars that will stay down at sand bed and not climb rocks, or what I have now, a magnifica that is both a rock dwellar and a natural host to my percs.

The rock flowers are pretty, but they are not considered a host anemone, though some clowns may take to them if that is what you are looking for.
I prefer natural matches of clowns to nems as found in wild, hosting happens immediately that way.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is part of the attraction to the RFA's, once they find a home (a good hole in a rock or at the sand/rock interface) they tend to stay put. Of course being crazy colorful too doesn't hurt their popularity!

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g mixed reef with a RBTA, Condy, and RFA. The RBTA split twice already so instead of one there is now three but no major problems with them moving much, although I did need to add some rock rubble to block off some coral from them. The Condy lived in a Tiki ornament for some time but last Summer decided to move to the rocks where you see it now and has stayed put. I needed to adjust the PH slightly so it's tentacles would sweep away from the surrounding coral. My RFA has stayed and grown in the same spot since I added it to the tank 2 years ago.

You can barely see the RFA below the leather coral and next to the Duncan.
2zlyVg8l.jpg

Condy's original home
40dfyLNm.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back