Anemone Pronunciation - Let's Clear This Up!

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2022
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
22,627
Location
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so we're just getting back into the hobby after 10 years, have our new tank up and running! So naturally we're all over reefing YouTube videos in the evenings - there's some great stuff out there! Especially since we've missed 10 years of it..

However, I made it a rule that if any video pronounces Anemone as "A-neh-NA-ME", I'm declaring we skip it.. It is "A-neh-MO-NE", right?! My rule was only that you should be able to pronounce what you are giving advice on! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

But that's like every video of the "pros"!! We skipped about 15 before I had to give in! Everyone says "A-neh-na-ME"!

Am I crazy or is the mispronunciation accepted these days?!
 
If you're going to skip anything that they pronounce an animal name incorrectly, you're going to be skipping often and missing actual information.

If that's the hill you want to die on, it's up to you, but there's a 5 page thread going on about pronunciation of Acropora correctly ..

Welcome back!
 
If you're going to skip anything that they pronounce an animal name incorrectly, you're going to be skipping often and missing actual information.

If that's the hill you want to die on, it's up to you, but there's a 5 page thread going on about pronunciation of Acropora correctly ..

Welcome back!
I'm always trying to learn/improve (including proper pronunciation). Do you have a link to the Acropora pronunciation thread? :)
 
If you're going to skip anything that they pronounce an animal name incorrectly, you're going to be skipping often and missing actual information.

If that's the hill you want to die on, it's up to you, but there's a 5 page thread going on about pronunciation of Acropora correctly ..

Welcome back!

5 pages of debate?!

And since we're not adding an Anemone to this tank, I don't think it'll kill me. It started as a joke, "skip this one, he pronounced it wrong", then we had to keep skipping! Then I gave up! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
5 pages of debate?!

And since we're not adding an Anemone to this tank, I don't think it'll kill me. It started as a joke, "skip this one, he pronounced it wrong", then we had to keep skipping! Then I gave up! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
With fronds like these who needs an enemy
 
a-nem-on-ee
 
CA0A03FC-C442-4C54-A377-A527AA38039A.gif

“ITS A-NEM-O-NE, ARE YOU STUPID OR ARE YOU DEAF?

A-NEM-O-NE… YOU IDIOT!

YOU COME INTO OUR HOBBY, YOU SAY MY INVERTEBRATES NAME RIGHT!!!”
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new