Anemone proximity issue

AquaPhilNJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone moved and now it is close to my neon green hammer coral. I'm guessing I have to move the hammer coral ? Hammer coral seems fine which is confusing b\c I hear anemone's can kill. I hate having to move the coral, but if that's what I have to do.

See attached picture, I do think it is touching the hammer coral every so often, very small gap.

PXL_20210512_153853978.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone moved and now it is close to my neon green hammer coral. I'm guessing I have to move the hammer coral ? Hammer coral seems fine which is confusing b\c I hear anemone's can kill. I hate having to move the coral, but if that's what I have to do.

See attached picture, I do think it is touching the hammer coral every so often, very small gap.

PXL_20210512_153853978.jpg
I think they'll be fine right up until they are not fine... and then likely hammer will lose. Move it now while there is time or wait until you must administer CPR care and prayers. If you don't want to move hammer, then try to encourage anemone to move along. MIGHT also TRY building divider between the two. For us, it was only a short term solution using thin rock as anemones stretch and seemed to want to get our nearby coral

We got our anemones comfortable, then used Reef Mortar to sculpt 'cups' for anemone feet and mounted those on rocks to encourage anemones to stay put where they liked to be living. We haven't had any movement since then (winter), but that's not to say tomorrow will be different than right now.

Only constant is change. Applies not just to life, but also to reef tanks <wink>

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back