Anemone stung my puffer

Riverlifewife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dog face puffer and was told he would steer clear of anemones. Well, he got stung. Yesterday he was twitching and jerking like something was trying to get him. Today he’s hiding under the driftwood and sulking. Is he recovering from the sting? Does anyone have any info on anemones stinging fish. It’s a large warty anemone. I moved it to my crab tank but my puffer is still sulking. Attached a pic of the anemone.

5D8FD4E1-6E79-4243-938C-3E825F4064F6.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could consider treating the puffer in a bath for 60-90 minutes in methylene blue (very mild) or malachite green. And then treating in a QT with either NFG powder or Furan2 to help with bacterial infection that likely would start up from the sting.

OP
OP
Riverlifewife

Riverlifewife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thank you. He’s normal colored again and not acting strangely anymore. I definitely do not want him to end up with any kind of infection though. Thank you!

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thank you. He’s normal colored again and not acting strangely anymore. I definitely do not want him to end up with any kind of infection though. Thank you!

if he is healing i would let him heal! i would resort to medicine and QT if he is declining as those are stressors and should be used only if needed

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back