Anemone stung my puffer

Riverlifewife

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
31
Location
Rincon
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dog face puffer and was told he would steer clear of anemones. Well, he got stung. Yesterday he was twitching and jerking like something was trying to get him. Today he’s hiding under the driftwood and sulking. Is he recovering from the sting? Does anyone have any info on anemones stinging fish. It’s a large warty anemone. I moved it to my crab tank but my puffer is still sulking. Attached a pic of the anemone.

5D8FD4E1-6E79-4243-938C-3E825F4064F6.jpeg
 
You could consider treating the puffer in a bath for 60-90 minutes in methylene blue (very mild) or malachite green. And then treating in a QT with either NFG powder or Furan2 to help with bacterial infection that likely would start up from the sting.
 
Ok. Thank you. He’s normal colored again and not acting strangely anymore. I definitely do not want him to end up with any kind of infection though. Thank you!
 
Ok. Thank you. He’s normal colored again and not acting strangely anymore. I definitely do not want him to end up with any kind of infection though. Thank you!

if he is healing i would let him heal! i would resort to medicine and QT if he is declining as those are stressors and should be used only if needed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new