Anemones?

saltygrl3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Panama City
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Zoa colony and it has 2 of these anemones on it. Any idea what type they are? I can’t get a really good picture of them but they are purplish with a green center. They look kind of like a Duncan to me but they do not have a stony base.

IMG_7489.jpeg IMG_7480.jpeg
 
Majanos can reproduce - and take over - almost as fast as Aiptasia . . . and they're rather more difficult to get rid of.

I had to hire an assistant; an emperor angelfish ... but her presence on my reef means no zoanthids for me.

~B.
 
While they are more of a pain, to get rid of it you can try to take the rock out as they tend to be easier to peel off a rock than aiptasia. They are similar to bubble tips where you can slowly remove the foot from the rock.
 
So I need to get rid of them? I’m newish to reefing and never heard of them till now.
Yes, get rid of them. Take some aiptaisia-X to them, the fight will be over within minutes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new