anemones

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directing flow at it until it starts moving can work, rubbing an ice cube around it's foot coupled with massaging the area can also work, I find the quickest and least labor intensive is hanging the rock upside down in the air above a bucket until the nem drops. You can periodically squirt it with water to keep it wet. Whatever way you choose, prepare to exercise patience. It can take 30+ minutes for any method. The true easiest way is catching it when it's moving on it's own. If it's on the glass, you can work a credit card slowly under the foot and pry it up that way.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way, in terms of the nem’s health, is to chip the rock away, slowly and carefully exposing the foot. Granted, it’s not the preferred method because it requires removing the rock and essentially destroying it, but it’s by far the best method to avoid stressing the nem.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with D-Nak. When my Magnifica split, I took the rock, an old dead tank raised Monti Cap and just chisel a piece of coral the anemone attaches to and gave it to my friend. Minimal stress to the anemone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back