OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's 100% bleached did you get him like that? Or has he progressed to that state?

Will be a task to get him fully back to health if this is your first nem IMO. But if you're dedicated you can do it.
Got him like that. What does it mean when they are bleached? Sorry new to all of this.

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to point out that nems can certainly bleach as they also have zooxanthellae similar to corals :)

Other than being a bit light the nem itself looks to be in okay shape.. it doesn't appear to be deflated or have a gaping mouth, pushing out it;s insides or anything. Tank will need to be kept very stable for sure though as others have mentioned already..
Just looked like it was kinda turning inside out. And I'm new to this so I just wanted to see if this was normal or not.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked like it was kinda turning inside out. And I'm new to this so I just wanted to see if this was normal or not.
CAn you post a photo of his mouth?

Is it open and is he gaping? I didn't see this at all from the photos you posted.

IF he's pushing out all his tenticles and inflating that's different, what do you mean turning inside out?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 gallon tank. Been up a month. Yes it has cycled.
2 clowns
2 peppermint shrimp
2 snails.
Any certain info you're looking for?
Let me know.

Tank is barely established, should of waited a while before you got an Anemone...

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is barely established, should of waited a while before you got an Anemone...

I agree with this in this instance for sure mainly because it's his first tank.

I think maturity in reefer is more important than tank.

Vet Nem keepers can pop them in a 1 week old tank. Orion, Eagle Steve and others have done so, but you have to be on like your umpteenth tank to try that for sure.

I have a 3 month old 10G I still wont put a nem in. But i've got 3 in my 2 month old 45. I just don't trust my 10G yet.

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the problem you think you have?
He just looked funny like he was turning inside out. I'm new to all of this so of course I go to google and search and so many different things popped up from him dying to him pooping so I just thought I'd ask here. He is moving around though. He looks normal agin now and is on the move in the tank.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just looked funny like he was turning inside out. I'm new to all of this so of course I go to google and search and so many different things popped up from him dying to him pooping so I just thought I'd ask here. He is moving around though. He looks normal agin now and is on the move in the tank.

He may be 100% fine and live to be healthy and happy.

I'd just keep eyes on him and let us know if he seems to get worse.

Things to look for that are bad signs are gaping, constant inflation and deflation, or just not inflating anymore at all.

Good husbandry and lighting will help him start to gain back coloration.

I'd say if you want to give it a shot go for it! It's a fun experience if you can win. But sad if you lose. I'm wishing you only the best.

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with this in this instance for sure mainly because it's his first tank.

I think maturity in reefer is more important than tank.

Vet Nem keepers can pop them in a 1 week old tank. Orion, Eagle Steve and others have done so, but you have to be on like your umpteenth tank to try that for sure.

I have a 3 month old 10G I still wont put a nem in. But i've got 3 in my 2 month old 45. I just don't trust my 10G yet.

[/QUOTE
I'm new to this and still learning. .
This is my first tank and I will take the advice and put it to use down the road.

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks this young have a hard time with anemones yours is bleached so needs a lot of tlc good stable parameters especially salinity and small feeding every other day. What lights do you use as well
I just have a led coral life aqua scape light bar. It's good for medium and soft corals.
I have 2 circulation pumps moving the top of my tank water and 2 wave pumps

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bta

E17CA8EB-B334-42D9-A368-13BF6D183DBD.jpeg

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have a led coral life aqua scape light bar. It's good for medium and soft corals.
I have 2 circulation pumps moving the top of my tank water and 2 wave pumps

This one yeah?

might not be enough for a BTA, but not sure. You'd have to get par values or maybe see if anyone else has kept a nem with that light.

He's definitely probably near the top of your rock work looking for the best lighting.

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may be 100% fine and live to be healthy and happy.

I'd just keep eyes on him and let us know if he seems to get worse.

Things to look for that are bad signs are gaping, constant inflation and deflation, or just not inflating anymore at all.

Good husbandry and lighting will help him start to gain back coloration.

I'd say if you want to give it a shot go for it! It's a fun experience if you can win. But sad if you lose. I'm wishing you only the best.
When he is normal his tips are bubbly. From what I have read that's a good sign. But I dunno. Agin I'm new and learning as I go. It's a bit stressful sometimes it seems.but it's gonna be worth it.
My clownfish were laying on there sides a day after I got them I was like dam I killed them.....
But no they were just sleeping. They look dead every morning. Sun rises they are all over the place.lol

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This one yeah?

might not be enough for a BTA, but not sure. You'd have to get par values or maybe see if anyone else has kept a nem with that light.

He's definitely probably near the top of your rock work looking for the best lighting.
He has been hanging out about mid tank level.he can go higher but dont.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When he is normal his tips are bubbly. From what I have read that's a good sign. But I dunno. Agin I'm new and learning as I go. It's a bit stressful sometimes it seems.but it's gonna be worth it.
My clownfish were laying on there sides a day after I got them I was like dam I killed them.....
But no they were just sleeping. They look dead every morning. Sun rises they are all over the place.lol

Oh yeah learning behaviors and patterns of these fish and inverts are definitely fun experience!

And just that indeed. You really gain the best knowledge and answers from trial and error in this hobby. So while we can give you tips and tricks, even for myself the best learning has always been from getting the species and giving it a go.

Just don't try to take on too much at once! Otherwise you strt losing left and right, and then you decide "reefing's no fun" but you just overwhelmed yourself :D If everything else was doing goodi n your tank and you wanted to take the next step a BTA is a great choice. So again! Goodluck! Just wish your LFS had one in better health.

OP
OP
K

Kaotic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been hanging out about mid tank level.he can go higher but dont.
That's it I just have the 48 inch one. I'm about to order some new coral lights. Just shopping around and looking for the best light at the best price atm

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it I just have the 48 inch one. I'm about to order some new coral lights. Just shopping around and looking for the best light at the best price atm

Go to youtube and watch the 1 hour video BRSTV just did on "Black Boxes" it's long, but gives you really informative information on some of the best and cheapest LED options if you want to really up your lighting game on a budget.

Even if you break it up into 20 minutes at a time, you'll get more info on the best cheapest LED lighting than by just trying to peruse yourself since they did a lot of actual tests.

Make sure while you're watching it to clear up anything you don't understand like par and spectrum, they may seem "nerdy and too hard" to grasp as first, but once you read more and more you start to get it.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks okay to me but I let the more seasoned reefers judge it.

But, you should have waited longer before getting it.

Back