Angels in a coral tank compatability

  • Thread starter Thread starter MartyR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MartyR

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
boca raton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very bad experience with an Achilles tang getting sick and proceeding to spread it to all the other tangs in the tank.
I am now contemplating going the route of angels, but it is an extensively coral dominated tank.420 gallons, both sps and lps. What is your experience with "ok but with caution" angels in a reef tank and which angels do you think would be the most comparable?
 
I can say from experience that Flame and Coral Beauty angels leave corals alone when well fed. I can't speak for any full size angels, I don't have as much tank real estate as you to accommodate them!
 
I have a male and female bellus angel and they are fine. I have lps and sps. My flame is good and coral beauty nips a little
 
I currently have a blue faced and multibar angel in my tank. I had emperor also that did well.
320 gallon very well fed tank. LPS and SPS Zoanthids were always eaten and expect LPS to be snacked on occasionally. But I think that might have been my Moorish idol more than my angels.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new