Angels we have heard on high: Do you have angelfish in your tank?

Do you have angelfish in your tank?

• I currently keep Angelfish in my tank.

Votes: 197 47.8%
  • I have kept Angelfish in the past.

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Not yet, but I would like to keep Angelfish in the future.

Votes: 98 23.8%
  • I am not interested in keeping Angelfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pictures? Unfamiliar with those Angels, what in particular fancies you?
Small, pretty, reef safe. Not home right now but here’s 2 stock photos. Mine look the same. I have both females. Males are bigger and have more stripes on both.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.png
    IMG_1142.png
    596.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1141.png
    IMG_1141.png
    622.4 KB · Views: 48

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dawn,
Kudus to you!

I laughed at the Angel not being angelic. You have been such a good steward for marine life. One day when visiting my brother in Pittsburg I would hope to see your displays. I admire your success with dsb.
Patrick, Dave and I would welcome you and your brother any time! Dave is now retired and we very much enjoy having friends over. Please do contact us when you are in the area.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep these guys in my reef!
IMG_8231.jpeg

IMG_8353.jpeg

And up until today, I kept a Tiger Tail Coral Beauty in my reef, safe to say, I won’t be having a Coral Beauty again as this is the 2nd to die for some random reason that is unknown in the last 3 years for me.
IMG_7935.jpeg

Totroc3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Angels are one of my favorites so I keep several between my 3 display tanks. In the 90 gallon I keep a Coral Beauty and an African Flameback. In the 140 gallon I keep an Emperor and I the 250 gallon I keep my Queen, Majestic and Venustus. My plan is to move the Emperor to the 250 but it’s pretty aggressive and the thought of having to catch it in the 250 if I had to makes me too nervous to try,

Screwby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Holidays to all!

I recently set up a Red Sea max e-170 and it's finally done with it's cycle. I am doing a reef setup with some soft corals and live rock, but don't plan on going crazy filling up the tank.

I am curious if anyone has suggestions on some dwarf angelfish that might work in this setup? I love Flame, coral beauty, potter's, midnight, ebili, lemon peel, and a few others, but I know some need larger tank sizes to be comfortable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 large angels (French, Queen, Annularis, Majestic, Asfur, Maculousus, and Emperor) and 2 dwarf angels (Lemonpeel and Multicolor) in my large FOWLR. I wouldn't trust any of them in my LPS dominant reef, which is why I maintain two separate systems.

Love me some angels!

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels we have heard on high: Do you have angelfish in your tank?

Realizing that many marine angelfish are better suited for larger tanks, this seems like the right time of year to ask about angels in our aquariums. There are many types of Angelfish that are well known to the hobby, and they are stunning when they are healthy and well-cared for in an aquarium. Please tell us if you have any experience with Angelfish and if you have any tips to share. More specifically, let us know if you have angelfish in your tank.

LiveAquaria_PeppermintAngelfish.jpeg

Photo by @LiveAquaria

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”
Lemonpeel. Went in well. Was nipping corals for a while but stopped.
I tried adding a Tang which it killed even though I removed the tang and qtd it. I got ich after that.
I'd like to add a coral beauty or flame but not sure how adding another angel would go in to my 425XL

Attachments

• 20231105_190614.jpg
    20231105_190614.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 48

carbasaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will always keep angels. By far my favorite type of fish. In my 65 I have a lemonpeel and an Eibli. In my 200: Regal, Wantanabe, Multibar and Venustus. Mostly leave my SPS and Softies alone. LPS corals are another story and I generally can’t keep them

Attachments

• IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1181.jpeg
    IMG_1181.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 33

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept a few different angles in the past. I currently have a Female Swallowtail Angel, she is pretty friendly but she has a best friend. I put a Nook's fairy wrasse, well he is a super fast fish, and he decided to bully on my very docile fox face. The Swallowtail got I guess very upset and now does her best to keep him well away from her best friend bad pictures
1000007563.jpg
1000007561.jpg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Holidays to all!

I recently set up a Red Sea max e-170 and it's finally done with it's cycle. I am doing a reef setup with some soft corals and live rock, but don't plan on going crazy filling up the tank.

I am curious if anyone has suggestions on some dwarf angelfish that might work in this setup? I love Flame, coral beauty, potter's, midnight, ebili, lemon peel, and a few others, but I know some need larger tank sizes to be comfortable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Within each species, temperaments vary just as in people. In stocking a new tank with semi-aggressive fish I have two generalizations: which ever is most aggressive, add last and if possible add your angels all at the same time.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patrick, Dave and I would welcome you and your brother any time! Dave is now retired and we very much enjoy having friends over. Please do contact us when you are in the area.
We missed connecting on North Fork (August 2022), when I visited Paul at his home on Long Island. I think you and Dave would have enjoyed meeting Paul. He is quite a pistol. He had just been interviewed by Humblefish.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We missed connecting on North Fork (August 2022), when I visited Paul at his home on Long Island. I think you and Dave would have enjoyed meeting Paul. He is quite a pistol. He had just been interviewed by Humblefish.

My bad for double post.

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a Cherub. I fear my coral would be eaten if I introduced others that I would love to have. At this time, I don't have room for any addition as I have many fish in my 180!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back