Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , just wanting some input from anyone who has experience owning or who knows about this type of angelfish ?
(Heralds angelfish)
So I think my angelfish is killing my skunk shrimp .... the cleaner shrimp have been in the tank for two months with no issues
both of the shrimp suddenly died 2 days ago within an hour of each other .
in the beginning all was good but when the shrimp both got pregnant they stopped cleaning the fish and the angel wanted to be cleaned he would keep going to the shrimp through the day and present himself to them and if they didn’t clean him he would attack them . Anyway so I got 3 free shrimp because I thought it was the powerhead I bought that was leaking electricity that killed them
Got a gyre 250 and 3 shrimp for free because the fish shop provided them . Anyways less than 24 hours and 2 of the 3 are dead
I’m about to return the angelfish now just waiting for some advice ?
Why I’m confused is why didn’t he kill them 2 months ago and is it the angelfish or not ??? I really like the fish but he has to go as I dot want anyone killing anything in the tank
Additionally info ———
Was told he wouldn’t affect my invertebrates when I bought him
He never ever attacked the shrimp
I’ve never seen him kill them
It was only 3 days ago the angel was not leaving them alone wanting to be cleaned when I saw him attack the shrimp out of frustration
He would then proceed to turn over on his side to ask to be cleaned again and this would repeat the whole day .....

012485BB-56D8-4F3E-8770-7A235B016D6B.jpeg

D335E283-1E56-45B5-BD38-4DFCA83C817A.jpeg

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were the two origional shrimp that died they were doing so well the molted 3 Times

E93D6152-7FAC-4A4C-A31E-04EA4185B1E0.jpeg

31655C54-DB77-4850-9F53-E8612369C0F8.jpeg

I luv coralz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss.... I’ve had that angel before and had a problem with him picking at my crabs and my corals however he never touched my shrimp. Maybe they died because of being stressed out. Also I wouldn’t blame it on electricity because other things in your tank would have been affected. Also how big is the tank and angel? Best of luck!

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply , sorry I was taking him to the fish store that’s why I’m replying late . My tank is a 450 l and yes that’s what I thought tooo regarding the electricity but my hand was being shocked pretty bad when I put my hand in the day they died ... so it can’t have been okay for them the power head was a sicce voyager 3 I think and was only 2 weeks in the tank it was brand new /..... also I am very lucky my tank inhabitants are all really calm and happy every single one has a good relationship with each other and the water parameters are perfect .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ?
Sorry for your loss.... I’ve had that angel before and had a problem with him picking at my crabs and my corals however he never touched my shrimp. Maybe they died because of being stressed out. Also I wouldn’t blame it on electricity because other things in your tank would have been affected. Also how big is the tank and angel? Best of luck!
y

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back