Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What can I say, nothing but WoW!!
Thanks mate. I like the colours now. All pictures are daylight mobile phone shots. Personally I like my coral colours natural. To me if they don't look colourful under daylight then they aren't natural. I want to achieve a reef which look nice under daylight not heavy blue light. I can say it definitely glows under blue but I love my daylight tank...

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate. I like the colours now. All pictures are daylight mobile phone shots. Personally I like my coral colours natural. To me if they don't look colourful under daylight then they aren't natural. I want to achieve a reef which look nice under daylight not heavy blue light. I can say it definitely glows under blue but I love my daylight tank...
I agree, I just need more time using the fancy camera to capture good picture under the higher whites. I cannot wait to see the tank in another three months

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just grab my mobile and take pictures...too lazy to take out the nikon. I have some hidden gems to will try to get them next time.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!!
+1

Anirban,
We are all so proud and happy for you and the reboot was the right call.
Absolutely Stunning!!! :D

Thanks for sharing, Freddie

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Someone visited my thread.....;Shamefullyembarrased;Woot;Woot;Wideyed;Joyful

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1

Anirban,
We are all so proud and happy for you and the reboot was the right call.
Absolutely Stunning!!! :D

Thanks for sharing, Freddie
Welcome Freddie,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am getting there.:D

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Big update time....ICP testing.
I have some Triton and Marin lab tests lying around since long time. I was too lazy to send them for testing. A week back I decided to send some water for testing and last saturday finally post them. Before showing you the results I must mention that the tank at that time was due a water change after 2 weeks of running. I generally try to do water changes twice a month now. I dose iodine and potassium twice a week, iron once a week and use zeolite in system. I use carbon but no GFO.
So, today I received the TRITON results and here they are ....

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have elevated amount of all 3 things I dose in extra...lol. So, I will increase the day between the dosing and also decrease the amount per dose to half. Aluminium is high but thats possibly due to my zeo stones. PO4 in perfect range and matches perfectly with my Hannah reader. I have some trace amount of copper but that possibly come from the energy I use. In total a good performance and a happy customer. Will wait for the Marin lab results as that one have my RO/DI water sample.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Little update and question:

I just received my RO water and tank water analysis fro Marin lab. It seems my source of Al, Cu, Zn and Li is my RO water which has good amount of all of them present in it.

This leads to the question...how to take them out from my RO/DI water? Do I need to change my filters and that will solve the issue or need to take care of something else. My out put always show 0 with inline tester.:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_O

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update and question:

I just received my RO water and tank water analysis fro Marin lab. It seems my source of Al, Cu, Zn and Li is my RO water which has good amount of all of them present in it.

This leads to the question...how to take them out from my RO/DI water? Do I need to change my filters and that will solve the issue or need to take care of something else. My out put always show 0 with inline tester.[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]o_Oo_O

How many stage RODI system is it? What PSI does the unit run at while producing water? When was the last filter change? What is your incoming tds? I’d also suggest to buy a hand held tds meter. The inline ones are notoriously inaccurate. The hand held ones are not expensive and allow you to test at different points. Do you know the tds after the membrane?

All of these things will help pinpoint where the issue is at. [emoji4]

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back