Anirban's Aquaforest journey

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The filter replacement is done. My RO/DI got everything fresh except the membrane. I want to show you how my resin looks like used vs. new.
The blue one is new and the brown one is exhausted....yeah quite a bit and all of it.
20171219_165000.jpg
Anirban,
I'm going thru a lot more DI resin than I used to but BRS says, that can be common.
Also we've had a lot new construction in our area so I figure all the new tapping into the lines is also making a deference with in my RODI unit. I did replace all the filters / DI resin and a new RO membrane and my 4 stage is make new RODI water a lot faster.

Hope you @120reefkeeper / @jsker and your families have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Freddie

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anirban,
I'm going thru a lot more DI resin than I used to but BRS says, that can be common.
Also we've had a lot new construction in our area so I figure all the new tapping into the lines is also making a deference with in my RODI unit. I did replace all the filters / DI resin and a new RO membrane and my 4 stage is make new RODI water a lot faster.

Hope you @120reefkeeper / @jsker and your families have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Freddie

Thanks Freddie and Merry Christmas to all of you also! [emoji4][emoji4]

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,

Freddie
Thanks Freddie, Merry Christmas to you all too... @120reefkeeper @jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,
Are you doing okay?

Freddie
Hi Freddie,
Happy new year. I came back to India to meet my parents for Christmas holidays but got infected by viral conjunctivitis. Fighting it since last 10 days and hope to get well soon. In the mean time my tank sitter is doing excellent job in keeping my tank running in a great form. I don't know how she is being able to do it but she is doing it like a pro. I hope to see my tank soon.
How is your tank doing with the new Ca reactor?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anirban,
Cal Reactor is all good and thanks for asking.
Sounds like your tank sitter is doing a great job.

Please take care of yourself and we'll be in-touch.

Freddie

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Freddie,
Happy new year. I came back to India to meet my parents for Christmas holidays but got infected by viral conjunctivitis. Fighting it since last 10 days and hope to get well soon. In the mean time my tank sitter is doing excellent job in keeping my tank running in a great form. I don't know how she is being able to do it but she is doing it like a pro. I hope to see my tank soon.
How is your tank doing with the new Ca reactor?

That is a good tank sitter.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey folks, I am back. After having quite a nice vacation which did not end well with me getting sick. I am still not recovered well but I am still back. As you people may know that I put my tank on complete auto mode for last 6 weeks with AF component 123 and potassium without any water change. Just once in these 6 weeks I instructed my tank sitter to dose 5 drops of probio S. No coral food only 3 times a day pellet food including SA hatchery diet and TDO chroma boost. In these six weeks my component dosing went up from 50 ml per day to 80 ml per day.
Now, this is the longest run when I was away from my tank and my god the tank flourished like a garden specially all SPS. When we entered home first ting my wife said "dear dont you think those sticks are looking quite big". The tank floor was quite dirty as its a bare bottom but no algae at all. My PO4 was 0.07ppm and NO3 was sitting at 3ppm. Now, without wasting much time lets start the photo bombing.

Lets start with first FTS of the year....

Picture2.jpg

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In case you people are wondering that I am a SPS guy....actually no. I love LPS too and I have a good collection of LPS too but somehow I just love Favias....
These are just few out of my collection and those discs are 3 inches each...

Picture1.jpg

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great, maybe you should leave more often:eek::D:D

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks great, maybe you should leave more often:eek::D:D
Lol.....yes thats exactly what my wife said after looking at tank. She restricted my entry near the tank area and told me to only put my hands once a week during water change...:confused::confused::eek::p

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anirban,
Just downloaded your post #'s 256 and 270 shots and compared the two.

Truly amazing in growth and colors!!! :D

So happy :) for you, and prayers for a full recovery with your illness.

Freddie

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently tried my hand on chalices and after trying some bargain ones I bought a JKR confetti cake last november. Here it is today....

20180211_124107.jpg

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,
Just downloaded your post #'s 256 and 270 shots and compared the two.

Truly amazing in growth and colors!!! :D

So happy :) for you, and prayers for a full recovery with your illness.

Freddie

Thanks Freddie,

Actually I was pretty happy to see how much it flourished in just 6 weeks. Interesting part is no regular dosing of probiotics or water change or anything else. Just component 123 and pellet food with good lighting thats all. The consumption of components jumped almost double. Also, nutrients were under control and interestingly no algae. I don't use GFO but still the PO4 was perfectly under control. Before leaving I put a bit more activated AF carbon, zeolite and life biofil.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back