OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many stage RODI system is it? What PSI does the unit run at while producing water? When was the last filter change? What is your incoming tds? I’d also suggest to buy a hand held tds meter. The inline ones are notoriously inaccurate. The hand held ones are not expensive and allow you to test at different points. Do you know the tds after the membrane?

All of these things will help pinpoint where the issue is at. [emoji4]
My unit is a 4 stage. I think filter change is needed and due. So, need to do that. But my incoming TDS is pretty low like 5 and outgoing is 0. My water pressure is good to and its at least 60psi. I will get one hand held one as the inline one is not helping much.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unit is a 4 stage. I think filter change is needed and due. So, need to do that. But my incoming TDS is pretty low like 5 and outgoing is 0. My water pressure is good to and its at least 60psi. I will get one hand held one as the inline one is not helping much.

With super low incoming tds like that it’s probably just a filter change. The only other concern I’d have is making sure the membrane rejection rate is good.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With super low incoming tds like that it’s probably just a filter change. The only other concern I’d have is making sure the membrane rejection rate is good.
I was super confident with that super low incoming TDS...lol. Ordered the whole filter kit from BRS. I will replace them all.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many stage RODI system is it? What PSI does the unit run at while producing water? When was the last filter change? What is your incoming tds? I’d also suggest to buy a hand held tds meter. The inline ones are notoriously inaccurate. The hand held ones are not expensive and allow you to test at different points. Do you know the tds after the membrane?

All of these things will help pinpoint where the issue is at. [emoji4]

That's good stuff :)
How are things going your way?

Freddie

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super confident with that super low incoming TDS...lol. Ordered the whole filter kit from BRS. I will replace them all.
Anirban,
I just ordered everything too including a new membrane.

(lol)
I don't know if I have chloramines or not but been running a chloramine block filter over the past year :D

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,
I just ordered everything too including a new membrane.

(lol)
I don't know if I have chloramines or not but been running a chloramine block filter over the past year :D
HI Freddie, chloramine was not an issue for me but as Mike suggested I ordered everything except membrane.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Freddie, chloramine was not an issue for me but as Mike suggested I ordered everything except membrane.
Well,
I always know when the membrane is gone. It takes forever to refill my RO/DI water when the membrane is exhausted :(

All I know is that I'm going thru a lot more DI resin than I used to but BRS says that it can do that.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The filter replacement is done. My RO/DI got everything fresh except the membrane. I want to show you how my resin looks like used vs. new.
The blue one is new and the brown one is exhausted....yeah quite a bit and all of it.
20171219_165000.jpg

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This time of year always scare me...I lost my tank this time last year when I was on holidays. This year I got someone to keep an eye on my tank and do Alk testing twice a week for me. Everything else is auto and running. Hope I will see my tank alive this time.
This is how the whole setup looks like now....
20171220_171909.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The filter replacement is done. My RO/DI got everything fresh except the membrane. I want to show you how my resin looks like used vs. new.
The blue one is new and the brown one is exhausted....yeah quite a bit and all of it.
20171219_165000.jpg
Thats is a little played:D

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...when I opened the filter can to change it I was like ...:eek:;Nailbiting;Dead;Dead;Dead;Dead;Woot;Woot;Jawdrop
;Hilarious;Hilarious

I just looked at mine, and I am due:rolleyes:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back