Anirban's Aquaforest journey

How many stage RODI system is it? What PSI does the unit run at while producing water? When was the last filter change? What is your incoming tds? I’d also suggest to buy a hand held tds meter. The inline ones are notoriously inaccurate. The hand held ones are not expensive and allow you to test at different points. Do you know the tds after the membrane?

All of these things will help pinpoint where the issue is at. [emoji4]
My unit is a 4 stage. I think filter change is needed and due. So, need to do that. But my incoming TDS is pretty low like 5 and outgoing is 0. My water pressure is good to and its at least 60psi. I will get one hand held one as the inline one is not helping much.
 
My unit is a 4 stage. I think filter change is needed and due. So, need to do that. But my incoming TDS is pretty low like 5 and outgoing is 0. My water pressure is good to and its at least 60psi. I will get one hand held one as the inline one is not helping much.

With super low incoming tds like that it’s probably just a filter change. The only other concern I’d have is making sure the membrane rejection rate is good.
 
With super low incoming tds like that it’s probably just a filter change. The only other concern I’d have is making sure the membrane rejection rate is good.
I was super confident with that super low incoming TDS...lol. Ordered the whole filter kit from BRS. I will replace them all.
 
How many stage RODI system is it? What PSI does the unit run at while producing water? When was the last filter change? What is your incoming tds? I’d also suggest to buy a hand held tds meter. The inline ones are notoriously inaccurate. The hand held ones are not expensive and allow you to test at different points. Do you know the tds after the membrane?

All of these things will help pinpoint where the issue is at. [emoji4]
120,

That's good stuff :)
How are things going your way?

Freddie
 
I was super confident with that super low incoming TDS...lol. Ordered the whole filter kit from BRS. I will replace them all.
Anirban,
I just ordered everything too including a new membrane.

(lol)
I don't know if I have chloramines or not but been running a chloramine block filter over the past year :D
 
Anirban,
I just ordered everything too including a new membrane.

(lol)
I don't know if I have chloramines or not but been running a chloramine block filter over the past year :D
HI Freddie, chloramine was not an issue for me but as Mike suggested I ordered everything except membrane.
 
HI Freddie, chloramine was not an issue for me but as Mike suggested I ordered everything except membrane.
Well,
I always know when the membrane is gone. It takes forever to refill my RO/DI water when the membrane is exhausted :(

All I know is that I'm going thru a lot more DI resin than I used to but BRS says that it can do that.
 
The filter replacement is done. My RO/DI got everything fresh except the membrane. I want to show you how my resin looks like used vs. new.
The blue one is new and the brown one is exhausted....yeah quite a bit and all of it.
20171219_165000.jpg
 
This time of year always scare me...I lost my tank this time last year when I was on holidays. This year I got someone to keep an eye on my tank and do Alk testing twice a week for me. Everything else is auto and running. Hope I will see my tank alive this time.
This is how the whole setup looks like now....
20171220_171909.jpg
 
The filter replacement is done. My RO/DI got everything fresh except the membrane. I want to show you how my resin looks like used vs. new.
The blue one is new and the brown one is exhausted....yeah quite a bit and all of it.
20171219_165000.jpg
Thats is a little played:D
 
Lol...when I opened the filter can to change it I was like ...:eek:;Nailbiting;Dead;Dead;Dead;Dead;Woot;Woot;Jawdrop
;Hilarious;Hilarious

I just looked at mine, and I am due:rolleyes:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new