Announcing: Nano aquarium fish compatibility document!

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far!
You could probably add longnose hawk - similar to the others but is generally more reef safe due to a smaller mouth.
Kamohara fang blenny is also a good one - similar to the other fang blennies, and stays on the smaller (3 inch) range.
Adding :)

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far!
You could probably add longnose hawk - similar to the others but is generally more reef safe due to a smaller mouth.
Kamohara fang blenny is also a good one - similar to the other fang blennies, and stays on the smaller (3 inch) range.
Added both, any others?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added both, any others?
Red rooster Pygmy waspfish under scorpions.
Like the other scorpions, it requires mostly live, meaty foods and is sensitive to params. Being so small (less than 3 inches fully grown), it is not much of a risk to any inverts (except the really small ones).
You could probably put mollies under miscellaneous.

A note on the long nose hawk is that they are probably the only fully reef safe of the hawks I know of. The rest are far more likely to make a meal out of shrimp.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the other scorpions, it requires mostly live, meaty foods and is sensitive to params. Being so small (less than 3 inches fully grown), it is not much of a risk to any inverts (except the really small ones).

A note on the long nose hawk is that they are probably the only fully reef safe of the hawks I know of. The rest are far more likely to make a meal out of shrimp.
Woah Red rooster Pygmy waspfish are really cool, ill add mollies too

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fixed that and added saltwater mollies and Red rooster Pygmy waspfish

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool document! I don't know how much effort it would take or if it would be worth the trouble, but you could always provide links to information within the document if someone wanted to go to the source of the info. Was most of this info found online or in books?

Also, reminds me of this old guide I used to use for nano-fish stocking: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool document! I don't know how much effort it would take or if it would be worth the trouble, but you could always provide links to information within the document if someone wanted to go to the source of the info. Was most of this info found online or in books?

Also, reminds me of this old guide I used to use for nano-fish stocking: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/
That would be tricky seeing as all the information for different fish can be from up to 10 different sites and sometimes I just had to rely on fellow reefers however yes, all this information was found online.

That other guide is cool, I’ll take a look to see if I can find anything to add to the document.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back