Another 6105 issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger, could you take a peek at the end of this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/powerheads-and-profilux-4-compatibility.506952/page-2#post-5728689

Long story short, I believe the pump to be circa 2011 or 2013 or thereabouts, and has had trouble for a little while now running on any pulse or on/off setting. If it gets too low of a percentage set, it will stop spinning. I was running it off the 7095 controller up until yesterday when I hooked it up to my Profilux 4. Now, the prop won't go at all. I've disconnected it and tried it just plugged into the wall outlet directly and still dead.

I can only guess motor block issue, as there's nothing impeding the prop and it was cleaned just a couple weeks ago and when checked yesterday, has no build up or issue I can detect visually.

I actually have two 6105's of this vintage. The other seems to work ok, but is there anything that can be serviced to keep them going?

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably hsve to recalibrate for voltage change
Mine doesn't have the inline 7090 controller. Just those little black boxes with knob to adjust percentage (unless used with a 7095 or 7096 or external controller).

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. Yeah i still have one vintage going strong. It may be dead. I cant remember if that little knob on them does anything since i havnt touched it in years.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. Yeah i still have one vintage going strong. It may be dead. I cant remember if that little knob on them does anything since i havnt touched it in years.
I think the knob just adjusts the power of the flow if you don't have it connected to any controller. I could crack it open and see if there's something obviously wrong in there, but you may be right...RIP.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back