Another leopard.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, thats what mine was doing, but right at the top of the water. I thought the same thing, he's looking for a way out, haha. But mine was almost completely vertical. I'll see if he does that tomorrow as well, but either way, he's cool.

I like watching my cleaner clean the other fish too. I was completely amazed on the activities in the tank as soon as I dropped him in the tank. Fish raced over to get cleaned. I love seeing the larger fish turn completely sideways to let him do his thing. Relationships like this found in nature, like this, shrimp/goby relationships, clowns/anemones, astonish me. This is another reason I can't wait to get the female flame wrasse, or a flasher pair.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took these while we were talking. My halides went off and just the t-5's on for dusk affect. My wrasses really flash during this half hour every night.

047-6.jpg

046-7.jpg

045-8.jpg

044-9.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Brad. I am envious of your wrasse collection. To be honest, your tank inspired me to start getting wrasses, and I always love seeing pics of your fishes.

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I have to agree!! that many wrasses makes your tank look so lively !!!!....I especially love the rhomboid trio...thumbs up!!

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy to say that I went downstairs to my tank this morning and both Kuiters are out and hungry!:bigsmile: They scarfed down some pe mysis and now I'm just enjoying the moment. Big releif.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh..congrats, thats a relief off your shoulders, I'm sure. Is that the female that is so much smaller than the male? Is that common in wrasses?

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing they are both still females. They were sold as a pair, but I think one is an older female while the smaller one is just a juvenile.
Time will tell if the larger female turns male.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Either way, they look great. Seriously, what is your wrasse count in that tank now out curiosity?

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To tell you the truth, I have no idea. LOL I'll have to sit down and write them down to make sure I don't miss one.
I'll get back to ya on that.:baffle:

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, ok. I love looking at the web cam, you have so many fish in that tank. What is that larger wrasse in your tank? He looks very big. Plus, that scribble foxface looks like a beast.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, ok. I love looking at the web cam, you have so many fish in that tank. What is that larger wrasse in your tank? He looks very big. Plus, that scribble foxface looks like a beast.

Haha. It's fun having that camera, especially when I'm working out of town. The larger wrasse is a mystery. Was sold to me from DD as a gold bar, but who knows.. he's huge, but a big teddybear to the other fish, but he eats all of my snails. The rabbitfish I've had for 7 years now and when I put him in this tank he grew at least 6 inches. He's pushing 12 inches now.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brad, do you have any Naoko's wrasses? How is the temperament on these guys? I might be getting one next week with my Flame wrasse if I can get some more reading done on him. Let me know what you think or know if you have a chance :) Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't . And from what I've read, they are quite aggressive. That's why I have shied away from them. On the other hand, the Nahacky's wrasse is one of my favorites if you can find one.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I def don't want anything aggressive in there bothering my new wrasses. I'll have to see what the list shows next week for whats available. I know I'm getting the female Flame for sure, just trying to decide on something else...might as well get something while other stuff is shipping as well.

The Nahacky's looks nice, but has the same colors as the Flame, or similar. Not sure what I'll get. I do still want the Labouti as well, but who knows. Thanks for the answers as well, and I might hit you back up early this week once I get the availability list.

Adrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards are looking cute and have good appearance than wrasses.......... I wish to replace my fish with yours.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, how are the leopards doing now. Still looking good? Did you ever get the wrasse count for us? hahahaha

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back