Another leopard.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my Kuiters leopards. After waiting for 2 weeks for one of them to heal. Divers Den finally gave the OK to ship.

The smaller of the 2 went straight into the sand and she hasn't came out yet. But the larger one hung out for about 6 hrs today and ate pe mysis.
Got a couple of pictures, but they aren't very good.

008-26.jpg

004-32.jpg

002_edited-1.jpg

009-30.jpg

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! How do these to captively? ive always been told they are very very hard to keep,so im always afraid to try them. . . .

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice Brad. Leopards are good looking wrasses. I saw a nice wrasse as the pic on Divers Den today, but it was gone by the time I got on. The first thing I thought of was you, haha. I don't know if you would pick that one up, but I was like, either Brad or Marvin probably got it if it was nice. haha

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! How do these to captively? ive always been told they are very very hard to keep,so im always afraid to try them. . . .

Yeah, I've heard the same thing as well. I think my buddy tried one a while back, but didn't have much success with him. Hats off to Brad for showing us how its done :)

Michael7979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards are awesome looking. But with some of my fish I am afraid to try one for fear it will jump out of the tank. Good Luck with them!

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They are hard to keep, but the key is to get them eating and this morning he was eating and hunting good, so I'm optimistic. The smaller one is starting to get me worried, even though it's only been a day.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad-I hate your tank!JK....but every time I look at a picture of yours,the more I feel like a failer...

Let us know how they do,hopefull your female come outs soon!

mizzoumed02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Looking Fish there! I'd like to try one some day, just not sure about putting one in my current system. I think I'm about at my fish Max at this point, but I'm planning on upgrading in the next year or so and then I'll have more room for more nice looking fish like that!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad has so many wrasses that he can't even take a pic without another wrasse getting in the way. hahaha

Mantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a purdy leopard... I am staying away from Leo's, since my only one I had went MIA within the first week ...I will definetly be following this thread to see how yours do...

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have a cleaner wrasse in your tank as well. Do you have just one? I've had one in my tank for probably 6 months, and I love the little pattern he swims sometimes, bobbing his tail up and down as he swims around. Pretty good to watch.

Also, does your Rhomboid swim upwards, as in it looks like he's standing up in a sense? Thats why mine was doing tonight.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I only have one. Had him now for a year and he does a great job. All of my fish wait in line for him, it's great to watch.
My rhomboids do look up and swim like that alot. It's like they are always checking out whats going on above them. Probably trying to figure out how to jump out.:wink:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back