OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are doing great. Every day they stay up a bit longer. Yesterday they were up around 9 am and didn't go back in the sand until around 5 pm. I'm sure they are still adjusting to there new surroundings and new tankmates. Plus new timezone. I did pull out the camera yesterday and got a couple new pix.
But, I haven't got a wrasse count yet.:baffle:

02-01-2011005.jpg

02-01-2011011.jpg

02-01-2011018.jpg

02-01-2011021.jpg

02-01-2011006.jpg

02-01-2011013.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, they look like they are doing well. Glad to see that they are getting along as well.

When they go to sleep, do they just dive into the sand? haha

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant imagin how much food you go threw, what do you feed daily? and is there any thing spechial ot done daily?

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any aggression issues? I had a pretty large bipartus(female) and added a small black leopard(female) and the larger bipartus wouldn't leave it alone and scared it into my overflow box and I moved the smaller black to another tank. Any issues like this? What do you do to keep the aggression down?

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, they look like they are doing well. Glad to see that they are getting along as well.

When they go to sleep, do they just dive into the sand? haha

They do..LOL I now have 6 wrasses that sleep in the sand.

I cant imagin how much food you go threw, what do you feed daily? and is there any thing spechial ot done daily?

It's a lot... I usually feed them almost everytime I go downstairs. They love the 1mm spectrum pellets and they see me and head straight for me. I see their sad hungry eyes and can't resist. LOL
Then every night I feed a mixture of three cubes frozen, plus a big chunck of pemysis, and a good portion of spirulina flakes. Mix it all up and dump it in.
It looks like a war zone for about 40 seconds and then it's all over.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to let you know when I'm feeding one night and you can watch on my live camera. LOL

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is starting to get like that too. I thaw my food out in a little black measuring cup, so when I dip the bottom of that in the tank, all the fish come sprinting over to that side. I love the reaction.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to let you know when I'm feeding one night and you can watch on my live camera. LOL

I could only wonder everything that has to go into that tank. Do you keep a fuge for pods and such to help out?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a lot... I usually feed them almost everytime I go downstairs. They love the 1mm spectrum pellets and they see me and head straight for me. I see their sad hungry eyes and can't resist. LOL
Then every night I feed a mixture of three cubes frozen, plus a big chunck of pemysis, and a good portion of spirulina flakes. Mix it all up and dump it in.
It looks like a war zone for about 40 seconds and then it's all over.
hey bro. you'll have to take a vid of the fishes feeding. :)

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any aggression issues? I had a pretty large bipartus(female) and added a small black leopard(female) and the larger bipartus wouldn't leave it alone and scared it into my overflow box and I moved the smaller black to another tank. Any issues like this? What do you do to keep the aggression down?
I was kind of worried about that when I added the new pair, especially since my potters leopard is so much larger than the new pair. But there wasn't any at all, as a matter of fact, the little one has been hanging out with the potters as you can see in one of my pictures.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could only wonder everything that has to go into that tank. Do you keep a fuge for pods and such to help out?

I do, I have a large sump under my tank with live rock and cheato.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I though in a earler post you said you have the web came thing can you just broadcast that?

I do have a live camera which is on the tank 24/7. You can view my tank by clicking on the link in my signature, but I don't have a video camera to record.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That would be awesome to watch :) Post on here and I'll have to check it out. I can only imagine the chaos that happens with all those wrasses.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a live camera which is on the tank 24/7. You can view my tank by clicking on the link in my signature, but I don't have a video camera to record.
live cam isn't very clear. I wanna see them fishes devour the food. LoL.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC has a video of all there fish in the 300g when being fed its crazy its like every one goes for the same piece.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding time. It's a bad video from my phone.

[video=youtube;0mKFDaAYwHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mKFDaAYwHg[/video]

slkotara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are beautiful I love leopard wrasses mine transformed into a terminal male now and looks completely different.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back