Another new person

JustOneMore23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. My name is Kristin. I'm new to this site and to reef keeping/saltwater. I found this club after a google search. I was glad there is one based near Birmingham. :) I'm from Hueytown....which is outside of Birmingham, around Bessemer.

I have a 38g tank that is currently cycling. I've got about 40lbs base rock from marcosrock.com and about 25lbs live rock from premiumaquatics.com.

Pic:
3808874769_ed55aba1ac.jpg

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks. Thought I'd introduce myself.

Hoping I can make some meetings and frag swaps in the future.

I also have 3 freshwater tanks. A 40g breeder planted, 20 long planted, and a 29g shell dweller tank. I've been keeping freshwater for around 6 years now. Just made the jump to salt.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and CARC. You are more than welcome to attend our meetings. We are a very lose bunch of folks who believe the more the merrier. Nice start on your tank, look forward to watching it progress and meeting you.

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kristin,
I know Hueytown well i'm from Adamsville originally. We would be glad to have you at our meetings, Its more of a BBQ coral swap than a meeting but its alot of fun.

sculdermut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Paul. I lived Adamsville until second grade. I found you in my brothers' old elementary school yearbook. Apparently, you were in the grade between my two older brothers. I'm about to move back over there at the end of this month.

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alan,

What was your brothers names ? Why or you moving back i still have my mom and dad there. We go there about once a week to check on my great grandmothers house its on union grove road. I grew up on robin circle​

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kristin, glad to see you on R2R. You will enjoy your stay here. A lot of knowledge here. Also, a "laid back" attitude with the mods.

Come on down!

OP
OP
JustOneMore23

JustOneMore23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm off work that Sunday, so I'll try to make it. :)

I added some life to my tank today and a new light fixture (Nova Extreme Pro 6x39w):
3840600715_28b53b1346.jpg

3840654197_a8e01bef10.jpg

I went the common route and got 2 True Percs. I wanted the Black and White ones, but I wasn't prepared to pay for them. These guys sure are nice though!

Also got my first frag, some Eagle Eye Zoas. They were adjusting to my tank and were closed, so I couldn't get pictures.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

Sentinel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, where did you get the fish. I was thinking about a pair of the black and white clowns or a pair of the onyx clowns

Sentinel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cough, cough, I know I don't have the female presence that Kristin has, but I plan on making the meeting as well. I am just saying that shrooms, frags, or anything else that is taking up space, I am in the market of filling my tank too these days. I mean I am just saying :bigsmile:

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, paul told me you were going to be there. Kristin didn't know if she would make it so I was trying to entice her. I am sure that I can come up with something for you as well.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back