OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The house is still a major work in progress....

0809171228.jpg

0809171051.jpg

0730171946.jpg

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a slightly unlevel floor so the spacers actually run underneath the tiles and the orange wedge helps level each tile to the others. This makes the l tile installation go much quicker for this type of floor.

Never catch me using those things they make for hollow floors. A mud set is the only way I would install tile for a perfectly flat level floor.

Not to rain on your parade. If you put that tank on it hope you don't crack tiles. I would check them before applying over 3800 pounds on it. If the tank isn't going on the tile disregard my statement.

Don't take it the wrong way I'm just a professional installer and I mud set tile, travertine, and marble.

The wedges are really only great for glass tile planks for shower walls as they are extremely flat. Although I can see the appeal and thought of them and after checking many floors that people have used them on I would never use them. Think about it if you trowel down mud the tile is to be pressed into it the notches in the trowel put enough mud down so that when the tile presses into it the mud spreads to an even layer. If you then lift the tile your pulling on the mud and now it is not as thick or evenly filled under the tile making it hollow or not as strong.

Wow sorry guess I kind of went off there. Don't want your tile to crack and something happen to your tank.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following to watch this one come to life...

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never catch me using those things they make for hollow floors. A mud set is the only way I would install tile for a perfectly flat level floor.

Not to rain on your parade. If you put that tank on it hope you don't crack tiles. I would check them before applying over 3800 pounds on it. If the tank isn't going on the tile disregard my statement.

Don't take it the wrong way I'm just a professional installer and I mud set tile, travertine, and marble.

The wedges are really only great for glass tile planks for shower walls as they are extremely flat. Although I can see the appeal and thought of them and after checking many floors that people have used them on I would never use them. Think about it if you trowel down mud the tile is to be pressed into it the notches in the trowel put enough mud down so that when the tile presses into it the mud spreads to an even layer. If you then lift the tile your pulling on the mud and now it is not as thick or evenly filled under the tile making it hollow or not as strong.

Wow sorry guess I kind of went off there. Don't want your tile to crack and something happen to your tank.

That would suck! Thanks for the suggestion. I don't hear any hollow spots where the tank is going, and the tile guy knew we were putting a tank there. He's not done with the job yet. I'll bring this up to my hubby to deal with. :) How would you suggest testing it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water closet in progress. I'll have my salt making station just in front of this. You can't see it, but there's plumbing in the walls to take the water over to my tank. Now our move in date is moved back till November. So not much progress to be made until then.

0831171549 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 0831171549.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 88

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back