Anthias bullying flame hawk fish

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a flame hawk fish and two female anthias in my tank. The male anthias I already had is beating the mess out of the flame hawk. He’s swam around the new females a few times, but they don’t seem bothered. My blonde naso keeps breaking up the fighting, so that’s lucky. Does anyone know how long it takes for a male anthias’s aggression towards the flame hawk to die down? Ill likely put a mirror against the tank if he doesn’t show signs of chilling in the next 30
Minutes.

ZAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using an acclamation box.I bought from octo aquatics..when adding new fish to aquarium...I can introduce new fish with out other fish beating the daylights out of each other...ileave fish in box a few days until everyone get use to the idea of dwelling together..Hope this helps

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a flame hawk fish and two female anthias in my tank. The male anthias I already had is beating the mess out of the flame hawk. He’s swam around the new females a few times, but they don’t seem bothered. My blonde naso keeps breaking up the fighting, so that’s lucky. Does anyone know how long it takes for a male anthias’s aggression towards the flame hawk to die down? Ill likely put a mirror against the tank if he doesn’t show signs of chilling in the next 30
Minutes.
Did your male anthias chill out?

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using an acclamation box.I bought from octo aquatics..when adding new fish to aquarium...I can introduce new fish with out other fish beating the daylights out of each other...ileave fish in box a few days until everyone get use to the idea of dwelling together..Hope this helps
Hahaha. I have the same one!!! The male anthias didn’t seem bothered at all by the hawk fish until the hawk fish came out of the box.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the post isn’t going
218B89A0-194B-45EB-B82E-2CA05EA24B0D.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your male anthias chill out?
He seems to have finally chilled out. We’ll see if the aggression starts back up, but the lights have been in for about 3 hours and I haven’t seen anything today. I was really concerned yesterday.

Twigg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issues with my male anthia beating up on similarly sized fish such as wrasses. I added more females to spread his time. I have 7 females to one male. Depending on the tank size, try adding a couple more females to keep him busy.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Maybe a territorial issue and/or insufficient room?

Back