Any Aquascape Builders Out There?

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello- Is there anyone in the NJ, PA, NY area that builds aquascapes?

I have a 90g aquarium and I’ve had my (attempted NSA Scape) which most of it broke off and I don’t like. Is there anyone out there who could build me a NSA scape for $.

Pm me

P.S.- I am not doing this yet, just wanting to get estimated prices and locations.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help on the build but have you checked out the aquascape forum for ideas, link below

WizzWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if there are any for sale also. These must be difficult as I can't find any. In western Washington pm me also looking for a small floating type one sided.

ReefingInTheBuff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a 90g aquarium and I’ve had my (attempted NSA Scape) which most of it broke off and I don’t like. Is there anyone out there who could build me a NSA scape for $.

Pm me

P.S.- I am not doing this yet, just wanting to get estimated prices and locations.
Can I ask what you used to build your NSA which led to problems? Reason I’m asking is I’m currently building with Marco rock and hoping glue with accelerator followed by mortar will be stable. Have a build thread going now with video of beginning of process.

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I ask what you used to build your NSA which led to problems? Reason I’m asking is I’m currently building with Marco rock and hoping glue with accelerator followed by mortar will be stable. Have a build thread going now with video of beginning of process.
i used super glue with accelerator and putty. I feel i should have used the marco-cement instead of the putty.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def use the cement. Much easier to work with if yiu are scaping outside of the tank.

Acrilic rods + drill holes will also help secure the placements, esp the ones in weird angles, until the cement sets.

N3mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used superglue with baking soda to tack the scape together then used aquaforest stonefix to fill in the gaps. Was very strong and could pick up each piece without any breaking.
IMG_20201130_134352.jpg
IMG_20201202_101255.jpg
IMG_20201202_101251.jpg
IMG_20201202_101237.jpg
IMG_20201202_101239.jpg

Vinster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pm me

I am also looking for someone in the New Jersey area to build my Aquascape, it seems there is a void in this part of the hobby, that is such an important part of the whole project, where someone with the ability and creativity could make a lot of $$. If I hear of some one I will let you know. Please reach out to me if you also find someone.
Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back