Any chance we'll see more than 8 dosing times added at some point? More importantly, setting timeframes with dosing amounts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to do away with my Apex and move over to Profilux. One of things holding me off (other than time and money lol) is that you can only program 8 times to dose throughout the day. One of the few (but major) benefits that DOS has over Doser 2.1, is that you can set time-frames for dosing and it will be broken up automatically into dosing amounts.

I prefer to dose based on the times of the day where I can stabilize pH... and dose during times when alk uptake is at its most in my system. Since there is an option to dose 24 hours a day, the doser knows how to break that up throughout the day, correct? Couldn't this be applied to other (user set) ranges? ...3 hours here, 12 hours there?

It would be so nice to have the doser automatically break up the dosing amount based on a time-frame we can set ourselves. Thoughts?

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can by using “virtual” pumps and logic gates. I was looking for something similar and GHL support explained how I could get 16 manual doses. And it should work for different amounts as well.

For 16 -
Set up two unused pumps to dose the times you want.
Set up a Programmable Logic channel to respond to those two pumps with the OR operator.
Set up a switch channel to respond to that PL channel.
Set your actual dosing pump to respond to that switch channel instead of to a dosing schedule.

I got that set up fairly easily and it worked. Now it didn’t actually do what I needed because by responding to the switch channel the actual doser can’t alternate between forward and reverse, and that’s what I needed (for dosing food).

Now you should in theory, I think, be able to set up an chain for automatic dosing in different periods.

For example, if you want to dose every 15mins but just want to dose during the day:
Set up one unused pump to dose every 15mins.
Set up a timer for the period you want to dose.
Set up a Programmable Logic channel to respond to the “virtual” pump and the timer with the AND operator.
Set your actual dosing pump to respond to that switch channel instead of to a dosing schedule.

Now where things get interesting is, can you layer these and have a programmable logic channel respond to two others. It looks like yes but others will know and easy enough to test.

So if you want to dose every hour, but more during the day could you (with made up numbers, to early for math):
Set up one unused pump to Automatically dose 5ml/dose, 24 times a day.
Set up a timer for the daytime period you want to dose.
Set up a Programmable Logic channel to respond to the “virtual” pump and the timer with the AND operator.

Then
Set up one unused pump to Automatically dose 2ml/dose, 24 times a day.
Set up a timer for the nighttime period you want to dose.

Then
Set up a Programmable Logic channel to respond to those two PL channels with the OR operator.
Set your actual dosing pump to respond to that switch channel.

So, @Lasse, @Vinny@GHLUSA, @Ditto, would that work?

Tony

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holly whoa. Thanks for the breakdown. I'm going to have to read that a few hundred more times haha.

I was hoping it would be more more along the lines of "yo Alexa, dose 100ml between the hours of 2am and 11am, 30ml between 1pm and 5pm, and make me a sandwich at 7pm" :p

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren It works very well. I dose my Core7 3a-b during nighttime the way you describe in the middle with one virtual pump. With help of the or command you can extend the use the way you describe.

Sincerely Lasse

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to do away with my Apex and move over to Profilux. One of things holding me off (other than time and money lol) is that you can only program 8 times to dose throughout the day. One of the few (but major) benefits that DOS has over Doser 2.1, is that you can set time-frames for dosing and it will be broken up automatically into dosing amounts.

I prefer to dose based on the times of the day where I can stabilize pH... and dose during times when alk uptake is at its most in my system. Since there is an option to dose 24 hours a day, the doser knows how to break that up throughout the day, correct? Couldn't this be applied to other (user set) ranges? ...3 hours here, 12 hours there?

It would be so nice to have the doser automatically break up the dosing amount based on a time-frame we can set ourselves. Thoughts?
Are you using a ghl doser? I have a stand alone doser 2.0 and I can break it up into what appears to be infinite doses a day.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a ghl doser? I have a stand alone doser 2.0 and I can break it up into what appears to be infinite doses a day.
I just bought one this week and I regret already, I think you can do it only manually 8 times, more you can but in automatic without be able to set the time between dosage and the end time you can just ad a start point but not ending point. If I know this I would never buy it. This doser is a catastrophe in Comparison to other I had. First I need to Programming it through the USB and pc to make it work, than, set up the WLAN and Programm the ip addresse.. without informatik knowledge or search long time on the net you re death... Then you net to set the pump in the cloud then on the app. And the app is fully bug after hours of trying I give up through the app, evertime when I change something, it no it take the change but continue working indefinitely or write an error an close the app!, and the all's times limitations. Seriously I not unterstand the good reviews the kamoer and d& d for exemple do much easier without the need to program, install and search hours on Internet to find how to get it works

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you net to set the pump in the cloud then on the app. And the app is fully bug after hours of trying I give up through the app, evertime when I change something, it no it take the change but continue working indefinitely or write an error an close the app!,
Which version of the app and which FW do the doser have? Can you post a screenshot of the general tab or/and the error message? For me the app works as it should - sometimes slow but no bugs.

Sincerely Lasse

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version of the app and which FW do the doser have? Can you post a screenshot of the general tab or/and the error message? For me the app works as it should - sometimes slow but no bugs.

Sincerely Lasse
Hello Lasse, here the informations:

Attachments

• 20210523_180353.jpg
    20210523_180353.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210522_124523.jpg
    20210522_124523.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210522-231028_GHL Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-231028_GHL Connect.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210522-090935_GHL Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-090935_GHL Connect.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210522-131345_GHL Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-131345_GHL Connect.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 37

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a new FW in the Beta version of the GCC - here - but i do not think this is the problem - last FW is 1.36 for the stand alone.

Have you try to create an account with help of a web browser and here?

Is it a brand new or used? If used - it needs that the old owner take away the identity from his/hers myGHL account

Are your sure that your doser is connected to your home network and to internet?

It is not possible to have an active connection with both GCC and the app (in local mode) at the same time

Sincerely Lasse

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try the beta version.
yes I have created an account on myghl, the doser is connected to my wifi and cloud,I took me few hours to do it ,I can set shedules and dosing on the cloud, but the app is still buging and the update will not work.
yes I not use the Gcc and the app same time.
It is a used one ,I will write to the ex owner to ask if he has delete it.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avez-vous ouvert un «ticket» avec le support client? Ils peuvent être un peu plus lents à réagir que ce à quoi nous sommes habitués avec les entreprises actuellement. Mais je les ai trouvés bien utiles.

Vous devez également leur faire savoir qu'il s'agit d'un appareil usagé et leur demander s'il y a autre chose que vous devriez faire pour le réinitialiser complètement.

Cheers, Tony

[Essentially saying, open a ticket with help desk too in case something else is afoot. And see if there is anything else you should do when resetting a used device]

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël - Can you help him out - I guess you are better french speaker than me - I only study it for 4 years back in the sixties ! I do not remember a .... but "Non, je ne regrette rien" that I take classes in french :p My favorite song from "La môme piaf "

Sincerely Lasse

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can change the language from the software in English , but actually I'm traveling and not at home during 1,5 week.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back