Any change to typical quarantine protocol?

larrysaltisfun

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2025
Messages
799
Reaction score
483
Location
outer banks NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quarantined a
Sailfin tang and a flame angel in copper power at 2.4 day 18. Plan is two doses of prazi pro after this is completed per your protocol. Both are eating well. The flame is a little picky but does go after small pellets and frozen . I’ve been reading about sensitivity of flame angels in copper. Should I just stay the course and make the switch to Prazi pro after day 30 , Or should I adjust the copper down to just above 2.0 due to the nature of the fish? Thanks medics
 
I have a quarantined a
Sailfin tang and a flame angel in copper power at 2.4 day 18. Plan is two doses of prazi pro after this is completed per your protocol. Both are eating well. The flame is a little picky but does go after small pellets and frozen . I’ve been reading about sensitivity of flame angels in copper. Should I just stay the course and make the switch to Prazi pro after day 30 , Or should I adjust the copper down to just above 2.0 due to the nature of the fish? Thanks medics
You can lower it to 2.2. Which is more towards the recommended levels than 2.4 (In theory 2-2.5 is ok)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new