Any guitar players on here?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started playing guitar in 7th grade in 1981. Back then I was just getting into music and was hooked on AC/DC, Black Sabbath, and similar rock bands. I became obsessed with heavy metal guitar for my whole high school years in the mid 80’s and would play for 6+ hours per day. But once I entered college I had less time and eventually lost interest in it.

Fast forward 30 years and recently I’ve finally picked up the guitar again, but now I’m playing acoustic covers of pop and rock songs spanning the 1960’s - 2020, such as The Who, Rolling Stones, U2, Duran Duran, Peter Murphy, Foo Fighters, STP, and anything else that translates easily to acoustic. For Xmas, my wife gave me an acoustic mini bass, so now I’m working on that as well.

16A4E8AB-69F2-4C8C-BE25-9CF5F9DEFFD7.jpeg

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been playing for about 20 years. I own a few acoustics. Love to play anything Southern Rock, Bluegrass, Country, '80's Rock. For a few years in high school, I was in a couple of different emo bands playing drums and lead guitar. That was rather interesting. These days I rarely find the time to play and only pick it up if a memory sparks the interest. @SuncrestReef, I'm loving the single-cutaway Martin. Your wife also made a great choice with the Taylor bass.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started playing guitar in 7th grade in 1981. Back then I was just getting into music and was hooked on AC/DC, Black Sabbath, and similar rock bands. I became obsessed with heavy metal guitar for my whole high school years in the mid 80’s and would play for 6+ hours per day. But once I entered college I had less time and eventually lost interest in it.

Fast forward 30 years and recently I’ve finally picked up the guitar again, but now I’m playing acoustic covers of pop and rock songs spanning the 1960’s - 2020, such as The Who, Rolling Stones, U2, Duran Duran, Peter Murphy, Foo Fighters, STP, and anything else that translates easily to acoustic. For Xmas, my wife gave me an acoustic mini bass, so now I’m working on that as well.

16A4E8AB-69F2-4C8C-BE25-9CF5F9DEFFD7.jpeg
Good for you getting back into guitar! I have been mostly learning indy pop songs and also an ambicious attempt at some Tyler Childer and Colter Wall songs, boy do they know how to play. I started out electric with a strat but just bought a Gretsch streamliner. I am not a big fan of rock so I use my electric for more jazz/bluegrass songs. Aslo nice guitars!

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been playing for about 20 years. I own a few acoustics. Love to play anything Southern Rock, Bluegrass, Country, '80's Rock. For a few years in high school, I was in a couple of different emo bands playing drums and lead guitar. That was rather interesting. These days I rarely find the time to play and only pick it up if a memory sparks the interest. @SuncrestReef, I'm loving the single-cutaway Martin. Your wife also made a great choice with the Taylor bass.
Cool! I can hardly go a day without playing, lol.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife does, used to be a bar band rock and roll singer. Then a singer for a new grass band. She's been playing the guitar solo more, gaining confidence. She still like to hire her guitar/fiddle duo for some events.

It hasn't stopped with the guitar(she has two acoustic and a cheap electric), recently bought a uke, keyboards, djembe and I bought her a pair of spoons for Christmas.

I tend to attract musicians, over half my friends from H.S. were in some form of band. Some were even touring until they ran out of money or couldn't deal with each other.

She wants to teach me....but I told her I drive the van and unload the equipment.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just borrowed an acoustic guitar from my buddy that he never used. He doesn’t play. Today is my first day. Took me a while to get it tuned using the fender app. I’ve been watching YouTube vids. My fingers hurt.
I’m stoked. Played a couple chords. Looking forward to working at it a bit everyday. I trust Radiohead.

Staindsoul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back into it. Sold my limited edition taylor 414 years back. Like a dummy.

Bought a martin road series for myself for Christmas. Got a crack in the top off center of the joint. Reading how to glue it up now.

IMG_20210111_205600_01.jpg

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just borrowed an acoustic guitar from my buddy that he never used. He doesn’t play. Today is my first day. Took me a while to get it tuned using the fender app. I’ve been watching YouTube vids. My fingers hurt.
I’m stoked. Played a couple chords. Looking forward to working at it a bit everyday. I trust Radiohead.

Yeah it suprises me how many people own a guitar but don't actually play. My favorite app for tuning is Guitar Tuna. It sure is exciting when all of the chords start coming together.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back into it. Sold my limited edition taylor 414 years back. Like a dummy.

Bought a martin road series for myself for Christmas. Got a crack in the top off center of the joint. Reading how to glue it up now.

IMG_20210111_205600_01.jpg
Haha! Yeah never sell a guitar, you never know how much the value could go up over the years. Good luck on the fix.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back