Any HeLp oR hOpE for him?

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, my coral just started to take a turn for the worst....after about 2 weeks of my tank being not fully up 100%, I was conducting a major upgrade to my aquarium and sump...but i left circulation and a light on...now late last week I noticed this...Any hope and recommendation?

20200605_121839.jpg 20200605_121829.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you always had it that close to your torch? Is it possible that it got stung on that side? Is the other side bleaching/dying as well?

Hard to tell the distance from your pics.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they have lived together....but is it a good idea to move them? The back is fine

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might just be time... the extended light exposure could have done maybe just enough variance in temp perhaps. Though I would expect your monti’s to also have some type of bleaching reaction if that was the case. Which makes me thing it’s more sting than water/temp related. Your other corals are fine right?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would either be the same as @BighohoReef with the idea of it being stung, possibly bleaching (hard to tell from the picture), or polyp bailout from some type of stressor.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might just be time... the extended light exposure could have done maybe just enough variance in temp perhaps. Though I would expect your monti’s to also have some type of bleaching reaction if that was the case. Which makes me thing it’s more sting than water/temp related. Your other corals are fine right?
Yes, the other corals are fine...it was that one it started off as a small spot earlier this week, late last week...then what you saw today is where we are. THe back of it looks fine though...no issues, its just the front...But I think I will try and move either one of them to see if I can save it to the best of my abilities.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back