Any hunters on here?

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that deer lying in a field of swiss chard and arugula? Dig some potatos and you would have a three course meal.
We hunt my wives grandmas house thats on 60 acres with 2 private ponds and a river with 25 acre corn field spring and summer. This was winter radish in the picture.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our son’s dream Christmas gift from the grandparents was a fair chase hog hunt, we’re in FL. Turns out his dad or grandpa (sportsmen) couldn’t chaperone him on hunt day, so I was happy to go. (I have never been hunting.), and what an experience it was!

Thoughts from a non-hunting mom on a hog hunt:

So Blessed to hold the Flashlight.”

“This is cool, get to wear my designer camo jeans and spend a beautiful January day with my baby boy. Wow, does this preserve check-in place smells bad! Alright now riding in junk yard, trash filled truck to our tree stand. Wait, I didn’t realize that we’d be sitting totally exposed in a tree on a metal bench that was less secure then a small town carnival ride. Happy to be sitting here with my dear taking in the scene of birds and squirrels. Can’t believe there’s no mosquitoes! Hmm, heard some hog squeals but seen nothing at hour 4.
Whoa, getting dark and bugs are swarming. Total darkness now, the moisquitos are so bad, with this ear protection on at least I can’t hear them.
Eyes closed, praying for guides to rescue me. Tap, tap on my knee...what??? No I don’t hear the hogs chewing corn. Ok, when I’m nudged I’ll click this little flashlight on point it to our lower left.

Silence.
Complete darkness.
Nudge from son.
Flash light click.
Extremely loud BLAM!!!
Animal running through brush sound.

Darn, this flashlight is so weak. Can’t see anything. Waiting for guides, seems like hours, relief to hear an engine in the distance. Climbing down from the metal perch shaking for some reason.
Unbelievable, just 10 yards away is an ugly beast. I’m thankful it died quickly. Probably was cute when it was little. Guides hand me better flashlight to light the ground as Nicholas and guide drag the hog a long way, so proud of my son.
Heart shot....and I’m so blessed to have held the flashlight.

47E33C42-8043-483E-98D3-D7B581E2EB69.jpeg
A special memory.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few! Curious how anyone did, did you draw? I always put in for bull elk, knowing I probably wont draw...drew a cow tag! Happy for another opportunity to stock the freezer this winter. Put in for deer today, fingers crossed! Good luck with your draws/hunts

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on Wyoming mulie and goat draw. The pronghorn is a given , mulie not so much. Put in for some doe tags too. Should fill my freezer and a couple others.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making Venison jerky today ;)

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to AZ for most of the 90's to hunt havelina.
I had a friend that lived their.
We hunted with handguns in the Stafford area.
My dad started taking me duck hunting at 6.
Got my licence at 9.
Still hunt but mostly upland game, deer.
Was into varmints for quite awhile and still have the rifles.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't draw a single thing this year. and the summer will be hot out here so coyote hunting is out the door until at least October. I might just buy an over the counter Javalina tag, but that still wont hit until mid February anyway..... not what I was looking forward to for hunting season especially when we are cooped up because of COVID-19...… I guess upland game season can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to AZ for most of the 90's to hunt havelina.
I had a friend that lived their.
We hunted with handguns in the Stafford area.
My dad started taking me duck hunting at 6.
Got my licence at 9.
Still hunt but mostly upland game, deer.
Was into varmints for quite awhile and still have the rifles.
Went out once for Javelina with my bow. Busted. Everyone I know that has bagged a Javi says they make excellent chorizo. I must try this again

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never tried hunting before but I want to. For now, I am into target shooting and tactical stuffs. :cool:

But with the AR looking gun bans that Canadian government is enacting, I don't know......

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting back into bird hunting, but its mainly about working the dogs. I do have a 6.8 AR if a hog hunt comes up. Deer are too much work, but they taste good lol

tinhorse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another BC hunter here. Just put in my draws for sheep and elk...long shots but hey you never know. Freezer is running a little low right now so I am hoping to get out for bear and will be out in Aug/Sept. For archery deer.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You betcha. I hunt the great northern wilds of British Columbia. I love hunting, mostly because I don't have to buy meat at the store. Haven't bought anything besides bacon and discount sausage in years.

IMG_3217.jpg
I cant even imagine hunting in BC. Or Alaska...like the last wild frontiers. I might be jealous lol

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant even imagine hunting in BC. Or Alaska...like the last wild frontiers. I might be jealous lol

Best thing about BC hunting, thousands of acres of crown land all to yourself.

Worst thing about BC hunting, the game is spread over thousands of acres of crown land, and the one giant buck you find is sitting in the middle of the one ranch for a hundred kilometers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back