Any ideas what this invert could be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lyscer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lyscer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
339
Reaction score
129
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this guy in my overflow about 6 months ago. Hasn't moved from what I can tell but has gotten much larger. (Not the bristle worm but the mollusk type thing.

I know it is a long shot on identification without a shot of the shell but am curious as to what it could be. I can't get a shot of the shell as it is in too tight of a place.

830dee3707a1dc5538f3d2b8af1f88e4.jpg
 
As you suspected, we really do need to see the other side. It could be a limpet.

That worm is a Dorvilleidae, BTW. :)
 
b96be79f0b7dfd4eabda51a2a30f37b6.jpg


Here is a partial shot of the shell I got tonight by scraping the glass in the overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new