Any KC Folks out there?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if there are any meetups/frag trades/etc over here. I'm in Grandview, and our secondary (used) market looks miserable, not a lot in the way of used equipment for sale, which I don't understand because we have 4-5 pretty prominent Saltwater shops, so you'd think it was a popular thing! :-D

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea - trying to find local reefers in your area. Maybe R2R can use members’ local and have a permission to share with other Reefers in your location.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea - trying to find local reefers in your area. Maybe R2R can use members’ local and have a permission to share with other Reefers in your location.
Yeah, something like that would make having local events/meetups/etc a lot easier

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community!!

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if there are any meetups/frag trades/etc over here. I'm in Grandview, and our secondary (used) market looks miserable, not a lot in the way of used equipment for sale, which I don't understand because we have 4-5 pretty prominent Saltwater shops, so you'd think it was a popular thing! :-D
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I'm in Columbia, MO and would love to find a group as there's nothing local. Can you recommend any SW stores? I want to make a day trip over to KC sometime in the next couple of months :D

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you checked out this area of Forum:

This is a great reference book type article I still refer:

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you checked out this area of Forum:

This is a great reference book type article I still refer:
Yes, I have, haven't made a post there yet. The problem with a place like Kansas City is that is sprawls over 2 states, so we have to post in both the Kansas and Missouri threads, which can get confusing. We also have a 'local' forum in kcfishclub which is the forum for the Heartland of America Aquarium Society, but that forum is suuuuper dead (The website gives me echo's! that's how dead it is) So... I may get around to posting in the local reef clubs discussions but figured since they're not really all that active someone may monitor this section of the forum and not that one.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back