Any potential reason my indo is dying/dead

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
1,857
Reaction score
4,130
Location
Middle TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone weigh in thoughts of what happened to my indophyllia. This guy was once dinner plate size Before and after below. I did go to look and he has sand down in his mouth what left of the mouth there was. and I flipped him over and he has a hole through the bottom of his shell.

I found what I think is a bristle worm see pic below attached to the underside of him. I dont think the worm caused it he was just feeding on it due to it decaying.

Should I attempt an iodine dip even if the mouth is completely gone?

ph 8.2
alk 8.4
cal 415
mg 1410
Nitrates 32
Phos .8 (normal for my tank)

1765921068520.jpeg
1765920995346.png



1765921223527.png
 
Iodine dip cant hurt. Im sure you're right on your assumption about the bristleworm not being the cause. Potentially a boring worm or moluscs that caused the hole. Is the hole completely through to the top? Have you been actively feeding the coral?
 
Iodine dip cant hurt. Im sure you're right on your assumption about the bristleworm not being the cause. Potentially a boring worm or moluscs that caused the hole. Is the hole completely through to the top? Have you been actively feeding the coral?
So the mouth looks receded/gone and underneath on the stony section of the coral there is a hole. It doesnt appear to go through unless it goes from there to the mouth opening
 
So I Dipped the indo today. Any have input what that on the bottom might be I have not seen it before.

His flesh is going away alot. I hate to lose him :/
20251224_145825.jpg
20251224_145849.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new