Any scuba, freedivers or spearfishers?

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whatsup folks I live on long island NY, been scuba diving once and obsessed i went in mexico and going again in june with girlfriend and her family..either in mexico again this time at cozumel or Im looking to go to Australia if it works out to heron island for 3 weeks for a class to research coral and the rainforest in the area.. Im not certified yet but looking to shortly.

just wanted to start a thread where it can be talked about, maybe advice/tips or stories.

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to australia on a live a board a few years ago out of cairns. Absolutely insane! Its calked the spirit of freedom, you should check it out! Also look into Bonaire. Best diving in the carribbean. Been 7 times

OP
OP
Kworker

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to australia on a live a board a few years ago out of cairns. Absolutely insane! Its calked the spirit of freedom, you should check it out! Also look into Bonaire. Best diving in the carribbean. Been 7 times

Thanks for reply was wondering why nobody answered haha.

I'm an accounting major but have extra credit I have to fit in besides my accounting course credits to graduate in the fall.. so when looking for a environmental bio class I found the one offered through my university. I'm fortunate enough I have my father who is on board and willing to pay for it. I just need to find some more out about it. Regardless I'm going to be in the ocean in June wether it's Australia or Mexico (cozumel) like originallly planned.

In meantime before that I'm going to try to get to my local dive shop to get my certification on its way.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went scuba diving in australia. Had never done it before and went down 6 times in less than a week XD I want to become certified (have a discount thanks to the AU trip.) I was surprised to find we actually have some decent diving sites up here in Maryland.
484.jpg

Sea Cucumbers make the best hats.

OP
OP
Kworker

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha nice hat man, I can't wait to explore the waters up here around long island..

I found that unfortunately I can't do the trip through my school so cozumel it is. I don't think the Australia trip was scuba, only snorkel but either way, I wish..
I actually threw the idea past some kids on my team that surf to get certified for scuba together and they're interested, not expecting all who say they want to coming through and actually doing it but atleast one or two would be cool. I found a great, friendly shop near where I go to college. Looking forward to the process, especially cozumel.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been diving in several areas. Puget Sound in washington state (cold water) Its very neat anemones big enough to sit in lol. Jamaica (very poor reefs, most of it is dead) Baja Mexico from cabo to la paz (small [patch reefs mostly pocillipora and seafans lots of fish) Samoa (reefs are good especially in the protected marine reserve) Fiji yasawa island side(great reefs lots of sps and soft corals plenty of fish) going back in may to beqa lagoon

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back