Any signs of problems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter COCOBBALL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

COCOBBALL

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
181
Reaction score
165
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a failed qt(i didn't identify the problem) i added a sick hippo to my display for an hour and exposed my other fish to brook and some intestinal parasites. I qt them seperate but my hippo didnt make it. I've been treating the others while running my display fallow.

I started with a dip in paraguard followed by 12 days in Metroplex and feeding general cure 2x a day.

The only sign of sickness ive seen is on one of the clowns had the stringy poop on day 3 . Havent seen since. My untrained eye hasnet spotted any broke.

Does anyone see broke or sickness? Can i stop with all medications?

@ngoodermuth @Frtdrmrose7 @ffordfamily



Thanks for the help
Screenshot_20190410-094711_Video%20Player.jpeg
20190410_100432.jpeg
20190410_094117.jpeg
Screenshot_20190410-094528_Video%20Player.jpeg
20190410_094124.jpeg
20190410_094037.jpeg
20190410_094116.jpeg
 
Are they still in Metro? I normally dose metro for 14 days in the water and food for brook.
If the fishes fecal matter looks normal now then you’ve got the internal parasites under control.
I normally observe for 10 days in unmedicated water before going to the DT just to be sure.
 
Are they still in Metro? I normally dose metro for 14 days in the water and food for brook.
If the fishes fecal matter looks normal now then you’ve got the internal parasites under control.
I normally observe for 10 days in unmedicated water before going to the DT just to be sure.
Yes day 12 of metro in the water. I didnt add any metro to food only api general cure. Ill go another 2 days to be sure.

I still have plenty of time before they can go in DT. Just wanted to see if it was ok to stop metro with no signs of brooke. From what i can tell.
 
Yep +1 I’d go 14 days with both, just to be thorough.... then they can stay med-free for the rest of your observation period.

General cure has metronidazole and praziquantel.... were metroplex only has the metronidazole. General cure is a better de-wormer since it kills internal flagellates AND worms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new