Any uk reefers suffering from storm eunice

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any uk reefers suffering from storm Eunice ?
My tank was suffering bad! 24 hours without power finally managed to get a generator on hire my fish where on the bottom of the tank barely moving within hours my fish are swimming around and my tank has finally gone from 15c to 22c and corals are starting to open again. I will have a few coral losses however I’ve managed to save the majority of my tank a few more hours and everything would have been dead no doubt about it. How is everyone else doing ? I’m sitting here with no power other than the generator running my tank and charging our phones no internet and 1 bar of 4g on my phone fun times…. Not! All this without the damage to the property and pond.

Last edited:

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No real damage here in Liverpool that I know off,just lots rain,sleet,hail stones and the wind off course and odd tree down here and there,I heared about 02 arena losing some of its roof the other day and some lost power in South east hey.
Can't even remember last time I had a power cut but just goes to show can happen at anytime, thing is I couldn't even have a generator if I wanted,well I could but be outside neighbours window downstairs as live in flats so that wouldn't go down to food ha ha and probably get stole as I slept im sure.

Hopefully your losses in tank are a minumum once it all blows over ^_^

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear your fish are doing better. Did you have any kind of battery backup for a wavemaker on the tank?
No had to hire a petrol generator to run the tank the power in the house is still off

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back