anyone care to i.d

  • Thread starter Thread starter eliramos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
1,849
Reaction score
419
Location
west palm beach florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg
thanks in advance!
 
Second photo looks like a gorgonian. The polys I'm not sure about.
 
Last edited:
Second photo is a Stoloniferan coral in the family Clavulariidae. Stoloniferan coral are commonly known as Clove or Glove Polyps. It's related to Tubipora.
 
Here's my similar but smaller gorgonian... At least that's what I was told when I bought it.
8u3y9yty.jpg
 
Last edited:
Google eyes are the zoas


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373159094.988270.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373159094.988270.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 160
Sorry, Liquid, think your another victim of wrong information coming from a:squigglemouth: LFS.
 
I was thinking that might be true... I have gorgonians and none look similar I hate being wrongly informed!! It's all your fault mike!! Sorry but so as defer some of the guilt I tend to displace blame onto others I do appreciate the schooling though! Oh and it wasn't an LFS. It was ExtremeCorals.

Sorry, Liquid, think your another victim of wrong information coming from a:squigglemouth: LFS.
 
Last edited:
in sticking with my current batting average I'm gonna guess that the first photo is a.... umm.... a mimic octopus!!
 
It's a Zoanthus species. I'm not well versed on the "names". Call it "nuclear eclipse". Or try the zoanthid forum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new