Anyone else having Fusion connection issues this past week???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.... I'm trying my best to remain caaaaaaaaalllllllmmmmm............. goosfrabaaaah.................

Ever since my power outage a week ago, I have been having issues keeping my Apex connected to fusion. The Apex shows orange light on both sides. I have done the 1 second reset and the 10 second reset (not the factory reset) about 50 bagillion times. Tried different USB ports. Tried the hardwire and wifi all with the same result - connected for less than 12 hours and then disconnected again. Now, it hasn't connected in 2 days straight. Lights still remain orange.

I have reached out to Neptune several times. They keep giving me instruction to get this and that info and none of it I can get because it won't connect!!!

I just want to know if my hardware is broken or if their website is broken. I know it's not my WIFI because my reeflink/MP40s are in close proximity and same WIFI setup with no issues.

Any help appreciated before I rip this thing off my wall and throw it out the window.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any issues. I understand the frustration, I would probably react the same way as you, but, I would ask to work with Neptune and not get frustrated. :)

To me it actually sound like an issue with the WiFi chip on the apex, but lets see if we can get you some great help.

@SuncrestReef , any ideas to help out this member?

dandra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion has been okay for me. But, I've had trouble maintaining a network connection with the Apex in the past. I suggest resetting your wifi and modem. That helped in my case, even though no other network-connected device had a problem. The Apex seems to be picky or routers seem picky about Apex -- not sure which. Since it has a unique IP address it's possible to have connection problems with Apex, but nothing else.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to access your Apex locally at http://apex.local (or if you changed the default Apex hostname, then substitute that name in the URL; http://NewHostname.local)

If that doesn't work, then the Apex itself is likely the problem. But if the local connection works but Fusion doesn't, then it's likely being blocked by your Internet router.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to access your Apex locally at http://apex.local (or if you changed the default Apex hostname, then substitute that name in the URL; http://NewHostname.local)

If that doesn't work, then the Apex itself is likely the problem. But if the local connection works but Fusion doesn't, then it's likely being blocked by your Internet router.

Ok so i just want to be 100% clear on the steps:
  1. I put my apex in blue light mode
  2. I connect to Apex set-up wifi on my computer
  3. Then I access apex.local in my browser
That is the ONLY way I am able to get to apex.local. For the life of me just typing in apex.local in my browser with my computer connected to my wifi has never worked - even day 1 out of the box. Is this normal?

Secondly, when I do steps 1 and 2 above, Apex.local has about a 50% successful page load rate. When it does load, i log in using the default admin password. Then it asks me to set up wifi. From here, sometimes my wifi is listed, sometimes it's not, sometimes it's listed 2 or 3 times. Up to 2 days ago, the wifi would successfully connect and load. Since two days ago, it would crash every time by either spinning forever or kicking me out of the set-up wifi conncection.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion has been okay for me. But, I've had trouble maintaining a network connection with the Apex in the past. I suggest resetting your wifi and modem. That helped in my case, even though no other network-connected device had a problem. The Apex seems to be picky or routers seem picky about Apex -- not sure which. Since it has a unique IP address it's possible to have connection problems with Apex, but nothing else.

OK i will try this!

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok reset the modem and router. I can now access my Apex via apex.local - with the internet hardwired to my router. Within Fusion, i changed the connection setting to WIFI and it updated successfully. I disconnected the hard wire connection and light briefly went to green and back to orange. Connection is still OK so far. I guess we will see in 12 hours if it's still working ;Nailbiting

Thank you all so far!

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp..... that was short lived. Currently hard-wired. Leaving that in to see if that will stay connected

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s not what you asked, but issues like these are exactly why I will NEVER have my controller on WiFi. Hardwired only, and never had an issue

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar issues. No way to say if your issues are the same as mine but they sound similar.

I was also having trouble connecting and re-connecting. I'm no guru, but it turned out to have something to do with my router assigning new IP addresses to my apex. I fixed it by assigning a static IP address to my Apex in my router and disabling WI-FI. I've always kept mine on hard wire anyway.

I can't recall all of the specifics, it got over my head and I had to do a LOT of googling. Here's a link to the main thread on the Apex community forum that you might find helpful (OR, it might not apply to you at all).

In any case, I encourage you to post your question in the Apex Community forum. There are some very helpful folks over there :) ( including Suncrest Reef I think)

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will try setting a static address.

I bought this because I wanted to make my life easier.... Now learning about static this and that and learning about getting local access and ip addresses is not what I anticipated.

Neptune is scheduling a troubleshooting session with me next week. We'll see what happens.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back