Anyone else trade stocks

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started playing with stocks 2 months ago, during the $GME craze, and am absolutely hooked. Came in as a 100% beginner with no understanding of the stock market. Saw so much potential. Now reading 4-5 hrs a day, and watching market daily open-close. Still so much to learn. Discovered options trading a few weeks ago-what an eye opener. Not even particularly interested in holding stocks anymore... aside from selling covered calls on stocks already owned. 100% into options now. 100x leverage, with the ability to get in/out with minimal skin in the game (relatively speaking vs owning 100 shares of stock). After making 335% on a couple puts, literally overnight, I can't believe this is even legal and accessible to anyone. Of course there is risk, and it's not for everyone, but what a thrill.. Meanwhile, some people are content leaving large chunks in their 401k's, earning a measly 6%, 8%, 10%, after risking their investment/tying up their capital for an entire year. Wish I had started sooner.
Please have a look at HCMC it's up 34% on Friday. But the real movement starts Monday may 3rd. Do some Due Diligence and then decide. No regrets. At least put it on your watch list so you can enjoy the ride.
Good luck in the market.

Galvano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% into options now.
Options are mainly about timing. Even with the market moving sideways you loose money day after day. And I was never good at predicting shortterm swings, much more influenced by mostly unfounded sentiment and mood than fundamentals, which may take some time to prevail.

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys trading cannabis stocks like Curleaf, etc.? Apps like RH and Webull don’t trade them (illegality issues?). I started playing with Crypto last year (yay for Bitcoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin!). Started messing with stocks a couple of months ago...want to make enough extra for my Cade 1800. Or maybe the new Red Sea 6’ S series :).

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys trading cannabis stocks like Curleaf, etc.? Apps like RH and Webull don’t trade them (illegality issues?). I started playing with Crypto last year (yay for Bitcoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin!). Started messing with stocks a couple of months ago...want to make enough extra for my Cade 1800. Or maybe the new Red Sea 6’ S series :).
SNDL for cannabis

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot hate relationship with Tilray. Their IPO was squeezed to the mid 300's from $30 a share in a matter of hours a couple years ago. I was involved however I didnt know what a short squeeze was at the time lol. I rode the train with 200 shares @ $70 to $300 and back down to barely $150 b4 I sold not understanding what the heck was going on at the time. I got really lucky that I didnt lose it all.

I believe with legalization potentially looming they are a decent buy especially at sub $20. Who are you buying right now?
I am long on Mrmd bought a ton at .11-.15 cents it’s now over .70

Galvano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Galvano what is ymmd
'You Made My Day' honoring a funny posting.

I'd avoid owning a company with HCMC's track record, running short of money. That's not investing based on earnings (projections). It's gambling, a sentiment driven short-term zero-sum game fleecing those who finally buy at a premium. But YMMV (not a stock symbol ;)).

Last edited:

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use E*TRADE I have curaleaf trulieve planet 13 but my best pick for gains is Mrmd right now for a long. Innovative industrial properties is good also it pays a 4% dividend

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started playing with stocks 2 months ago, during the $GME craze, and am absolutely hooked. Came in as a 100% beginner with no understanding of the stock market. Saw so much potential. Now reading 4-5 hrs a day, and watching market daily open-close. Still so much to learn. Discovered options trading a few weeks ago-what an eye opener. Not even particularly interested in holding stocks anymore... aside from selling covered calls on stocks already owned. 100% into options now. 100x leverage, with the ability to get in/out with minimal skin in the game (relatively speaking vs owning 100 shares of stock). After making 335% on a couple puts, literally overnight, I can't believe this is even legal and accessible to anyone. Of course there is risk, and it's not for everyone, but what a thrill.. Meanwhile, some people are content leaving large chunks in their 401k's, earning a measly 6%, 8%, 10%, after risking their investment/tying up their capital for an entire year. Wish I had started sooner.
Dude. Where do you even get started?! I’ve been wanting to do it for so long but I don’t even know where to begin.

also, don’t forget to set aside some money to pay for taxes at the end of the year.

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I buy long-term stock holds and trade options for fun, started at the age of 12 and currently 17. Also set up a Roth IRA, the benefits of compound interest are in my favor.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I buy long-term stock holds and trade options for fun, started at the age of 12 and currently 17. Also set up a Roth IRA, the benefits of compound interest are in my favor.
If you're only 17 you must have somebody else trading for you or someone else that set up the account I try to do it for my daughter but they won't let you until you're 18 what platform are you on if you are trading on your own account

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're only 17 you must have somebody else trading for you or someone else that set up the account I try to do it for my daughter but they won't let you until you're 18 what platform are you on if you are trading on your own account
E*TRADE, have a custodial account through a family member

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to be a doomsday predictor, but this housing boom has bubble all over it.

People forget 2008. I know people buying homes with 30yr notes and both hubby and wife have less than 6months on the job.

As soon as I see a slowdown and plateau in hiring I'm putting everything into shorting anything related to mortgage securities. Unlike 2009 the Fed can't print itself out of this one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back