OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a woodworker, but mostly enjoy turning. Bowls and turned boxes are what I enjoy. Starting to turn pens. I like making as well. Simple boxes with interesting grain patterns and such. Now that I have a larger garage as a shop, I'm planning to make more furniture.
Can't wait to get my lathe set back up. It's been a while since I have turned anything. I've done a few bowls and really enjoyed it. I mostly make striper lures on the lathe.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more but he's a quick look at some of my favorites to do. I build houses and luckily had a grandfather that likes to build stuff and a father who is also in the business

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Very nice!! May have to tackle my closets next. Always looking for a new project.

shane91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just something I like to do my own spin on haha. I'll take pics of my personally house tonight

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love woodworking. I have just about every piece of equipment I could want except a planer (I hope to get one in the next year or so). The problem I have these days is that I never seem to have the time to get out into the shop and build stuff. I really need to remedy that. I also really need to start taking pictures of my projects, as I seem to make stuff or everybody else and don't have anything to show for my work. I plan to build a new stand and canopy for a 33 long mixed reef build I am starting later this winter. I'll have to post pics when its completed.
Scott

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago. This thing is awesome. I realize there are probably better examples but for me, and my want-to-be woodworking skills, it's more than enough!

f46a85a7-09bb-4adf-8e7e-a23287d44154_400.jpg

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a woodworker, but mostly enjoy turning. Bowls and turned boxes are what I enjoy. Starting to turn pens. I like making as well. Simple boxes with interesting grain patterns and such. Now that I have a larger garage as a shop, I'm planning to make more furniture.

Turning is one thing I've never done. Always loved the idea, so I guess a lathe is the next step! Let's see some examples of your work!!!

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only thing I could find on my phone. I post a picture of everything I've made on Facebook, but I can't access Facebook at work. I'm proud of this bowl because it's probably the first I didn't have any catches or gouges in. It's birdseye maple finished with clear shellac and polished with paste wax. My favorite finish combo.
bowl 3.jpg bowl 1.jpg bowl 2.jpg

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only thing I could find on my phone. I post a picture of everything I've made on Facebook, but I can't access Facebook at work. I'm proud of this bowl because it's probably the first I didn't have any catches or gouges in. It's birdseye maple finished with clear shellac and polished with paste wax. My favorite finish combo.

Wow...that's beautiful. You've got some serious turning skills there my friend.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work man!

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work man!
Birds eye Maple and the figure. My next project is my home kitchen, and that is going to be built with Birds eye maple boxes and fiddle back maple front and doors inlaid with African Wenge. knock on wood that should start happening in the next few months. This fish tank thing got in my way this year.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys very much. I do woodworking as a hobby, so everything I make is either given to friends or family or kept for myself. I haven't had a chance to do much turning lately since moving into a house. But I'm getting the shop together and hope to begin going again. I upgraded from a cheap Chinese made lathe to a Jet mini lathe that isn't so mini and can't wait to use it.

Birds eye Maple and the figure. My next project is my home kitchen, and that is going to be built with Birds eye maple boxes and fiddle back maple front and doors inlaid with African Wenge. knock on wood that should start happening in the next few months. This fish tank thing got in my way this year.

Fiddle back maple is beautiful. The mixing of wenge with maple is going to be even more beautiful.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to build my first stand. All of you are an inspiration!
Take your time and it will all come together nicely. Have fun, best of luck!

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I dont have any pics on my comp but have been working on building an ES-335 style guitar the past 2 years.. Will see if I can get some pics off my phone soon lol I also have been metal working the past year and a half.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad idea for the time being!
I can't stand looking at wires either. At my office, I bought those plastic wire covers that stick to the wall and then snap over the wires. If you got those and painted them to match the wall/trim, it would look even better.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys very much. I do woodworking as a hobby, so everything I make is either given to friends or family or kept for myself. I haven't had a chance to do much turning lately since moving into a house. But I'm getting the shop together and hope to begin going again. I upgraded from a cheap Chinese made lathe to a Jet mini lathe that isn't so mini and can't wait to use it.

Fiddle back maple is beautiful. The mixing of wenge with maple is going to be even more beautiful.
I am saving for a 40" Lethe, a big one.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back