Anyone ever used the nuvo skimmers???

rlkilwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I need some advice from anyone out there who has ever owned a nuvo tank! Who has tried the skimmer for the nuvo (you know, the square black one) and what are your experiences with it?? Does anyone use any other skimmer in their nuvo (specifically the 40)? Advice needed- I want a skimmer in there and it seems easiest to just go with the one built for it but I want the best one that will fit in there if anyone else has suggestions!

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I need some advice from anyone out there who has ever owned a nuvo tank! Who has tried the skimmer for the nuvo (you know, the square black one) and what are your experiences with it?? Does anyone use any other skimmer in their nuvo (specifically the 40)? Advice needed- I want a skimmer in there and it seems easiest to just go with the one built for it but I want the best one that will fit in there if anyone else has suggestions!
I’ve got the 30 long, and my skimmer works. Idk how tell if it works good or bad, but it definitely picks up quite a bit of gunk after I feed mysis. I had to kinda DIY the placement cause it made noise for 2x longer than the described “break in” period.

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer works great in my 20 gallon Innovative Marine tank. The one thing I would point out is that the collection cup is -extremely- difficult to clean fully due to the shape (specifically the bottom portion of the larger sidewalls). The smallest 'pipe cleaners' I have still have a difficult time getting in there and doing a full clean.

I also would recommend looking into modding the airline with a air valve to control the skim level as it's not always consistent.

Otherwise the skimmer works fantastic and picks up a lot of gunk.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back