Anyone experienced with Tropic Marin K+ A- Elements?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikem885
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikem885

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
winter garden florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I just started tropic Marin's daily dosing of there K+ A- Trace elements product due to low trace elements in ICP test.

It says to dose daily, but my only concern is that it continuously builds up and can lead to overdose overtime.

Does anyone have experience with this product and follows the daily dose guidelines or dose it 3x a week instead?

Let me hear your reviews and protocols with this product!

Thanks!
 
I’ve been using it mixed in with BRS2 part per their instructions at 80ml/gal for 2+ years. I have a very heavily stocked SPS tank and everything comes back perfect on ICP except low strontium which I supplement, so I can’t imagine going to the higher end of their recommended dose.

This is dosed throughout the day continuously.
 
Interesting! I just dose it directly 2.5 ml each one for 73 gallons of water volume. Guess we'll see where my ICP comes back at. My tank is heavily stocked with lps and about 7 frags if sps.

How do you measure it in your two part?
 
I’ve been using it mixed in with BRS2 part per their instructions at 80ml/gal for 2+ years. I have a very heavily stocked SPS tank and everything comes back perfect on ICP except low strontium which I supplement, so I can’t imagine going to the higher end of their recommended dose.

This is dosed throughout the day continuously.
I also have a SPS tank and add part A and K to my BRS 2 part.

Just add some of the A to the alk mix and K to calcium mix instead of water. You still use the same powder to liquid ratio.
 
Hi all,

I just started tropic Marin's daily dosing of there K+ A- Trace elements product due to low trace elements in ICP test.

It says to dose daily, but my only concern is that it continuously builds up and can lead to overdose overtime.

Does anyone have experience with this product and follows the daily dose guidelines or dose it 3x a week instead?

Let me hear your reviews and protocols with this product!

Thanks!
Ive used this 4 years and apply as a supplement each Sunday.
 
I recently started adding A- and K+ to my 2 part dosing on both of my 200g tanks. I haven't done any ICP tests lately and do regular 10% or so weekly water changes using Tropic Marin Pro - but have had some trace deficiencies in the past and hope that this resolves most of those. Will do ICP again soon and see where things are.
 
Been using A and K for number of years, it is also part of AFR (All For Reef).
When I don’t use AFR I tend to dose minimum daily dose and there has been no accumulation, actually the opposite. I personally prefer to get ICP with low or not detected trace elements.

With AFR I tend to be about 75% of the maximum dose and things look good.
 
I mix them in with TM Balling part A and B. The dosing container is 64oz and I mixed 50mL. I have very few corals right now so I only dose 1mL twice a week. My ICP test came back with everything in parameters except iodine which was low. So as I get more corals I will up the dose. To be honest I don't know if it does anything, maybe even grows algae. It is so cost effective though for my tank. Those bottles will literally last me years. In the future I might actually get another doser and dose them separate. We will see.
 
I use it in conjunction with afr at the max dose of 2ml per 100ltr a day but it’s on a doser so split over 24 small doses
Last icp from oceamo came back bang on
I have a rammed tank with 50% stoneys

Oh and I still have to supplement iodine at 1ml per day
 
Hi all,

I just started tropic Marin's daily dosing of there K+ A- Trace elements product due to low trace elements in ICP test.

It says to dose daily, but my only concern is that it continuously builds up and can lead to overdose overtime.

Does anyone have experience with this product and follows the daily dose guidelines or dose it 3x a week instead?

Let me hear your reviews and protocols with this product!

Thanks!
I dose AFR (basically A and K plus ALK) throughout the day and have been doing so for close to a year.

My last ICP test results were very good, its been several months and I just ordered another test kit, so I'll know more in a couple weeks.

My understanding is it is fairly hard to overdose these products if you're following their recommendations.
 
Hey I just dosed 1 weeks worth of A and K into my 200L tank 14mls of both am I in trouble?
That is excessive but should dissipate. You will know impact bu looks of coral but should not have an adverse impact
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new