Anyone have any Luck w pearl scale butterfly?

Jeppeterpan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend has one he wants to get rid of and I'm thinking of adopting....I have a 72 bow front full reef w sps,lps, and softies. Do you think he'll start munching away and are they a pretty hardy fish? What to feed. Etc etc..Let me know. Thanks fellow reefers! Happy new year!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call them intermediate as far as care level. I wouldn't trust one with fleshy LPS. I think I would probably pass unless you have a FOWLR.

OP
OP
J

Jeppeterpan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Thats what I wanted to confirm. I once had an elbi angel when I first started and he was good for about 6 months until he went on a beserker rage on my lps. Most recoverded, but I had to give him away. Dont want to go through that again. U know of any safe butterflies besides pyramid?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoster, copperband, muelleri, marginalis, and longnose would be your safest bets. None of them are 100% reefsafe but they are the most safe. Unfortunetly fleshy LPS are usually the first to get picked at. Its a gamble but they are amazing fish with great personality.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back