Blue Pearl Reef

Farrael-Sama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

this is my reef, which I set up home again after 5 year break. I'm trying to have mixed reef with focus on LPS, as I like big polyps. And I'm trying to keep it simple and not high-tech.

Aquarium was set up on 20/03/2022, so it is now 9 months old. Tank isn't brand new. I have it now for eight years from the brand new one. It was made by the best company here in my country, so it still should last long. The only regret which I have is, that the front glass is already scratched on many spots (in the meantime was the tank used as a fresh water one).

Dimensions of the tank are: 150*60*55cm (59,05*23,62*21,65in) - 495L (130,77gal).

Sump is standard one with nothing special. First chamber is for the tubes, second is filled with bio foam (or how is it called in EN), third chamber is refugium, in fourth is skimmer with another bio foam and last one is with media (carbon, silicarbon) and return pump. On the right side of them is another chamber with water for ATO.

Refugium is nothing special. Some smaller live rocks on the bottom and then algae. I'm using Chaetomorpha and Caulerpa mexicana. My opinion is, that Caulerpa is more aggresive and is doing better, but Chaeto is still fighting, so we will see. I'm running opposite lightning schedule to the main tank (in the night). Light does run for about 8 hours.

Here is tech list:

Light in main tank: 3x PopBloom RS90
Light in refugium: 1x PopBloom refugium light 30W
Skimmer: Red Sea Reefer Skimmer 300 (PSK 600)
ATO: Blau ATO - 1 sensor (will change it soon to something else as it is quite unrealiable)
Return pump: Newa NewJet (sorry I don't remember the model name, as I have it for ages - about ten years old - basically immortal piece).
Stream pumps: 2x Jebao SLW-20, 2x NewJet Wave 9000
Heater: Eheim Jager 300W

Salt: Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

I have very few SPS, so I'm not dosing anything like calcium, magnesium etc. Everything is covered with Red Sea Coral Pro salt. But still I keep these additives at home (for a case of need)

Temp: 25°C

Maitenance is done every week with 10% of water change.

I'm trying to keep the amount of fish on low to moderate level. Here is the list:

1x Siganus vulpinus
1x Zebrasoma scopas
1x Ctenochaetus strigosus
1x Acreichthys tomentos (here I got lucky this time, as he doesn't eat zoas)
2x Amphiprion clarkii (pair)
2x Chrysiptera hemicyanea
1x Salarias fasciatus
1x Dascyllus melanurus

Invertebrates:

1x Lysmata amboinensis
1x Lysmata wurdemanni
1x Lybia tessalata
1x Haliotis asinina
4x Blue legged hermit crabs
2x Tripneustes gratilla
1x Sabellastarte spectabilis
Lots of Turbo snails
Few common mussels (brought in corals or on rockwork)
Tons of various small snails
Possibly Pistol shrimp, as I don't see her (it is in back of the rock work), but I hear her every day clear and loud. I hope, that it is not Mantis shrimp, but no loss on other live stock, so I don't think, that it is this one.

Corals:

Red and pink BTA
Various Zoas
Palys
Torch, Frogspawn, Frammer and Hammer Euphyllia
Bubble coral
Gonis
Alveopora
Tubipora musica
Xenia
Capnella pink and toxic green
Various mushrooms
Gorgonia
Encrusting Montipora
Birdsnest blue and green
Toadstool leather coral
Galaxea
Favia & Favites
Duncanopsammia axifuga
Acropora green
Rockflower anemone
Chalice
Candy cane coral
GSP
Clavularia viridis
Acanthastrea
Porites with Christmas tree worms
Blastomussa merletti

And here are some photos.

This was the start:

275139610_300570918786456_7442944753679054339_n.jpg

Tank was set up with live rocks and Nature's ocean rocks. I must say, that I was quite satisfied with these rocks and in the box were really nice pieces in ideal mix of sizes. In the rock work is lot of crevices and caves, so the inhabitants are able to hide with ease. My fish are pretty shy even after many months, so they can use it a lot. I think, they only like me, because I feed them, as they always hide, when anyone else come near the tank.

Sand was used Fiji white in finer grade.

Here is look into the sump:

IMG_20221224_150839.jpg

Here is how does it look like some week back:

IMG_20221211_112454.jpg

IMG_20221211_112556.jpg

And here is one Christmas pic, with some recent Christmas presents inside. However with more blue, as I wasn't able to get it better with today's light conditions.

IMG_20221224_150706.jpg

Hope you will like it and of course any ideas are welcome.

And happy Christmas time and holidays everyone :)

Jindřich.

OP
OP
Farrael-Sama

Farrael-Sama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I'm trying my best. I need to get rid of that ugly return pump. This is one of the mistakes, which I made, when I set up the tank for the very first time years ago.

I'm trying to correct it now with the GSP growing on it. Hopefully it will be soon completly covered.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

this is my reef, which I set up home again after 5 year break. I'm trying to have mixed reef with focus on LPS, as I like big polyps. And I'm trying to keep it simple and not high-tech.

Aquarium was set up on 20/03/2022, so it is now 9 months old. Tank isn't brand new. I have it now for eight years from the brand new one. It was made by the best company here in my country, so it still should last long. The only regret which I have is, that the front glass is already scratched on many spots (in the meantime was the tank used as a fresh water one).

Dimensions of the tank are: 150*60*55cm (59,05*23,62*21,65in) - 495L (130,77gal).

Sump is standard one with nothing special. First chamber is for the tubes, second is filled with bio foam (or how is it called in EN), third chamber is refugium, in fourth is skimmer with another bio foam and last one is with media (carbon, silicarbon) and return pump. On the right side of them is another chamber with water for ATO.

Refugium is nothing special. Some smaller live rocks on the bottom and then algae. I'm using Chaetomorpha and Caulerpa mexicana. My opinion is, that Caulerpa is more aggresive and is doing better, but Chaeto is still fighting, so we will see. I'm running opposite lightning schedule to the main tank (in the night). Light does run for about 8 hours.

Here is tech list:

Light in main tank: 3x PopBloom RS90
Light in refugium: 1x PopBloom refugium light 30W
Skimmer: Red Sea Reefer Skimmer 300 (PSK 600)
ATO: Blau ATO - 1 sensor (will change it soon to something else as it is quite unrealiable)
Return pump: Newa NewJet (sorry I don't remember the model name, as I have it for ages - about ten years old - basically immortal piece).
Stream pumps: 2x Jebao SLW-20, 2x NewJet Wave 9000
Heater: Eheim Jager 300W

Salt: Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

I have very few SPS, so I'm not dosing anything like calcium, magnesium etc. Everything is covered with Red Sea Coral Pro salt. But still I keep these additives at home (for a case of need)

Temp: 25°C

Maitenance is done every week with 10% of water change.

I'm trying to keep the amount of fish on low to moderate level. Here is the list:

1x Siganus vulpinus
1x Zebrasoma scopas
1x Ctenochaetus strigosus
1x Acreichthys tomentos (here I got lucky this time, as he doesn't eat zoas)
2x Amphiprion clarkii (pair)
2x Chrysiptera hemicyanea
1x Salarias fasciatus
1x Dascyllus melanurus

Invertebrates:

1x Lysmata amboinensis
1x Lysmata wurdemanni
1x Lybia tessalata
1x Haliotis asinina
4x Blue legged hermit crabs
2x Tripneustes gratilla
1x Sabellastarte spectabilis
Lots of Turbo snails
Few common mussels (brought in corals or on rockwork)
Tons of various small snails
Possibly Pistol shrimp, as I don't see her (it is in back of the rock work), but I hear her every day clear and loud. I hope, that it is not Mantis shrimp, but no loss on other live stock, so I don't think, that it is this one.

Corals:

Red and pink BTA
Various Zoas
Palys
Torch, Frogspawn, Frammer and Hammer Euphyllia
Bubble coral
Gonis
Alveopora
Tubipora musica
Xenia
Capnella pink and toxic green
Various mushrooms
Gorgonia
Encrusting Montipora
Birdsnest blue and green
Toadstool leather coral
Galaxea
Favia & Favites
Duncanopsammia axifuga
Acropora green
Rockflower anemone
Chalice
Candy cane coral
GSP
Clavularia viridis
Acanthastrea
Porites with Christmas tree worms
Blastomussa merletti

And here are some photos.

This was the start:

275139610_300570918786456_7442944753679054339_n.jpg

Tank was set up with live rocks and Nature's ocean rocks. I must say, that I was quite satisfied with these rocks and in the box were really nice pieces in ideal mix of sizes. In the rock work is lot of crevices and caves, so the inhabitants are able to hide with ease. My fish are pretty shy even after many months, so they can use it a lot. I think, they only like me, because I feed them, as they always hide, when anyone else come near the tank.

Sand was used Fiji white in finer grade.

Here is look into the sump:

IMG_20221224_150839.jpg

Here is how does it look like some week back:

IMG_20221211_112454.jpg

IMG_20221211_112556.jpg

And here is one Christmas pic, with some recent Christmas presents inside. However with more blue, as I wasn't able to get it better with today's light conditions.

IMG_20221224_150706.jpg

Hope you will like it and of course any ideas are welcome.

And happy Christmas time and holidays everyone :)

Jindřich.
Great looking tank!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back