Anyone have experience with Bashsea products?

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting a 280 gallon build. I really like the looks of Bashsea's gear. I was just curious if anyone here uses or has used their products and what they think of them. I was planning going all Bashsea filtration.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using one of their sumps for the first time and it’s pretty nice. Built well and has good flow threw it

Zeither18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ss sump and there twisted skimmer on my 75. It is a fresh set up but everything seems well built. The skimmer pulled some crap at first but settle down. Never went nuts like my octopus sro5000 and kept filling the cup. So far I'm happy and time will tell.

Zeither18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a few pics of it wedged under there
20190309_161224.jpeg
20190309_124252.jpeg

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Yeah I am going to go with the signature series 60" long sump. I like the Ferrari red, as they call it. I have 84" of length x about 20" width inside the base but my tank sits up a little high I actually have almost 35" of clearance. I can fit their 30" tall skimmer and bio-reactors which is nice. Even though the footprint is tight inside I still have a good deal of overhead room for plumbing stuff. I got 3 eco-tech vectra L1's and an M1 going in there. 2 L1's for main returns 1 other L1 for a manifold for the lesser flow in reactors, sterilizer, pellet master, etc. Then I have the M1 just to drive the large skimmer. Can't wait to get this setup all built. Will be my largest tank yet.

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I will be ordering my some of my equipment soon. The red Signature series 60" sump, the 8-30 skimmer, 8-30 bio-reactor, 2 media reactors and a pellet master. Cant wait! Should look pretty tight with matching red plumbing and all gray schedule fittings and valves.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use and like the Bashsea sumps.....the media reactors on the other hand i would avoid. I switched to three of them to match my sump and regretted it from day one due to their design. I should have stuck with my cheap BRS reactors.

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use and like the Bashsea sumps.....the media reactors on the other hand i would avoid. I switched to three of them to match my sump and regretted it from day one due to their design. I should have stuck with my cheap BRS reactors.
What about them did you not like?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about them did you not like?
The design is horrible. They look great......but I wouldn't never buy them again. The water enters the top and is directed down through a tube to the bottom, where the water then flows back up through the media. Unfortunately only about half of the water actually makes it into the tube....the rest just escapes into the canister to then be pumped back into the tank. Also, when changing the media, you have to slide an o ring down the tube to hold a plastic tray and sponge in place, otherwise the water pushes it all to the top. With my reactors, I cannot get my hands into them to push this O-ring to the bottom. I have to use two wooden spoons and try to push it down, often bending back a fingernail or two in the process. I actually reached out to Bashsea a few times asking some design questions but never heard back from them. Here is a picture if it helps explain. Maybe they have changed the design since I installed these.

IMG_2313.JPG

OP
OP
RobW

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. That's strange. Every time I have contacted them to ask questions I get a response back from the owner himself. I talk with him frequently and hes been a great deal of help.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back