Anyone Here Also Into Freshwater?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently reduced down to a 5 gallon bucket with some plants and amano shrimp, but longing for the day when I can return to having some nice planted tanks (darn pandemic!) and get started on fish breeding.

Anybody on any freshwater forums? I feel that plantedtank has gone down in activity, and I'm wondering if I should move to greener pastures...

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last mohican fw tank houses a suvatti puffer. I use to have a couple large fw setups when I was single & had time. I've debated on turning the 180 into a fw setup once I upgrade, but then i see pics like this then it goes out the window

FB_IMG_1596252597618.jpg

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last mohican fw tank houses a suvatti puffer. I use to have a couple large fw setups when I was single & had time. I've debated on turning the 180 into a fw setup once I upgrade, but then i see pics like this then it goes out the window

FB_IMG_1596252597618.jpg

If you ever get back into FW, you would probably love the black Ghost knifefish. Prehistoric beast. LOL. My fire eel on page 2 is over 2 feet, freshwater eels get huge. I always joke around and tell my snowflake eel if you ever eye and fish your going in with the fire eel as food LOL.

Kaneohekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run both, have about 5 FW tanks and 2 SW tanks. FW is fun, no where near as challenging as SW Reefing IMO.

22 gallon Mr Aqua planted tank with CO2 injection
IMG_2797.JPG

Cagle Map Turtle Tank (pics of when they were babies, now going on 6 years old)
IMG_2203.JPG

Cichlid Tank + Fahaka puffer
IMG_3252.JPG

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Voracious snail eaters

Last edited:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run them on and off for 40 years. Currently have a 20gal for spots 1, spots 2, and spots 3.

goldnugget1.jpg 3.

pleco3.jpg

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever get back into FW, you would probably love the black Ghost knifefish. Prehistoric beast. LOL. My fire eel on page 2 is over 2 feet, freshwater eels get huge. I always joke around and tell my snowflake eel if you ever eye and fish your going in with the fire eel

I see you have the monster disease as well lol. That's a nice setup & you dont see those arowana that often.

Bgk's are one of my favorites.

littlefishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently reduced down to a 5 gallon bucket with some plants and amano shrimp, but longing for the day when I can return to having some nice planted tanks (darn pandemic!) and get started on fish breeding.

Anybody on any freshwater forums? I feel that plantedtank has gone down in activity, and I'm wondering if I should move to greener pastures...

I sometimes go on Aquatic Plant Central, but it is not very active. Mostly El Natural (Walstadt) if you like that.
I want a fw forum setup as easy and active and knowledgeable as r2r. Planted tank seems to have a bad server? Brave won't even download the site, have to use Chrome.

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes go on Aquatic Plant Central, but it is not very active. Mostly El Natural (Walstadt) if you like that.
I want a fw forum setup as easy and active and knowledgeable as r2r. Planted tank seems to have a bad server? Brave won't even download the site, have to use Chrome.
If there are so many reefers here who also have freshwater tanks, why don't the mods just create a separate freshwater forum on this site? problem solved.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would be nice to have a one stop shop, lol. I keep dart frogs, too, and those forums are ghosted most of the time, too.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there are so many reefers here who also have freshwater tanks, why don't the mods just create a separate freshwater forum on this site? problem solved.
This has been brought up many times in the past.....I think it was determined that there are plenty of freshwater specific sites out there and they wanted to keep this one reef related.

fnlyreefready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just kind of wondering what sort of overlap there is from the saltwater and freshwater aquarium worlds? Like, who keeps tanks of both, anyone started with one or moved to the other?

Me, I started by looking after the salmon fry my workplace raises every year, onto buying a house with a fishless pond that I stocked, making the jump straight into saltwater aquariums. Though I have often contemplated setting up a freshwater tank for a couple of green terrors.
I have a 750 gallon pond with a 2 ft alligator gar

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back