Anyone in Albany area?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lil north of saratoga here! No sps though...i love softies...:)

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smallbany ny.
@thom_smith, No SPS yet... we're still a few months out from taking on that project. But def will keep you in mind.
@reef lover , any chance you're trimming some softies in the near future? I'm in the half of NY that *doesn't* have any purple sea rod and Eddies is cleaned out.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have gorgs that need trimming...and if you buy them from eddies most likely my frags as well.

Smallbany ny.
@thom_smith, No SPS yet... we're still a few months out from taking on that project. But def will keep you in mind.
@reef lover , any chance you're trimming some softies in the near future? I'm in the half of NY that *doesn't* have any purple sea rod and Eddies is cleaned out.

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little north of toga as well.
just getting back in after a few year hiatus.
nothing to offer as far as frags, but i'm on the hunt for some used oolitic sand to seed my fuge thats getting set up in the near future.

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm on the hunt for some used oolitic sand to seed my fuge thats getting set up in the near future.

Darn... wish you had posted this yesterday. Cleaned out all the sand from my fuge last night and converted it into a big reactor and ATS.

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn... wish you had posted this yesterday. Cleaned out all the sand from my fuge last night and converted it into a big reactor and ATS.
ha, that figgures.
did you diy your ATS? that's something else on the list i might add if i see a nutrient problem.

toga eh? i'm close to you . up in corinth.

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha, that figgures.
did you diy your ATS? that's something else on the list i might add if i see a nutrient problem.

toga eh? i'm close to you . up in corinth.
Well, Clifton Park. But no one outside the Capital District knows where that is.

Yep, DIY'ing the ATS. I'll do a mini build thread once I get the last couple of pieces of mirrored acrylic in place.

Greg’s_525xl-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
New to the site, wanted to see if any local reefing enthusiast on this forum are local to Albany area?

Looking for new friends to buy/sell and trade with.... Maybe some beginner SPS?

Thom
Hello!
North Greenbush and I’m actually selling some sps now! Feel free to pm me.

Greg

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
New to the site, wanted to see if any local reefing enthusiast on this forum are local to Albany area?

Thom
Hey there little late I see this post but I am from Schenectady Rotterdam to be exact. It would be buyer of anything I am in the process of getting ready to tear down my reef and re-aquascape. I had help setting this up almost 4 years ago when I didn't know anything for that matter still probably don't know a lot but I want to give it one more shot I have had a lot of trouble, you would be amazed at everything I have done I can show you pictures where you would laugh and scratch your head in but I'm retired I enjoy it And when I start over this time I'm hoping to finally get it right or that's it I'm out. Here is just a random picture of my aquarium that is in the wall now. Another picture that I just took off the Internet to get an idea of what I am thinking about and what I like more minimalist aquascape.I want to have more surface area but still a little rocks in caves. And then a couple pictures of the set up in my garage that I hope to use for the transition and Frag tanks in the future. I'll worry about that when I figure out how to do this and get this done LOL.
Phil

IMG_2777.JPG

fullsizeoutput_175c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_177c.jpeg

Jay6363

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg above is certainly a great resource, I live in Troy, can also put you in touch with two other serious sps collectors , all three are awesome guys and actively selling.

Greg’s_525xl-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg above is certainly a great resource, I live in Troy, can also put you in touch with two other serious sps collectors , all three are awesome guys and actively selling.

Thanks Jay.

Spdjnky,
I like a little more minimalist as well. I wanted to make sure I had room for coral but also swimming room for bigger fish.

Greg

FF962D81-1B7C-4BDC-91C8-3CE681CC2104.jpeg

Tanks andupdates

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Thom

I’m in Gowanda area so pretty close o guess

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back